Friday, April 8, 2011

Today T was named swimmer of the week for his team. I was really surprised. What is even more funny is that he got a free pizza gift certificate. He's one of the people in the family who can't eat pizza. The graveside services for that sweet baby are tomorrow. This week has made me just think so much. Tonight DH and I went on a date. After dinner, we went over to my least favorite discount store to wander around. After all, we have wandered around the stores in our town often enough and needed something new. As we wandered I remembered that awful feeling of going to such a store after burying your baby. I wandered as if I didn't know where I was going. And then when I got to the baby section it was as if it were not allowed. But I had to go in because I still had a kid in diapers. Still, my mind kept saying, "No, not for you miss." I'd let my hand graze a small baby outfit and it would feel so foreign. I just HAD to touch them yet I couldn't let myself enjoy them. Oh it's so awful going to the store. It took so long after both my boys before I could walk in a baby section and buy a gift without feeling like an alien. Anyway... just a memory. I'm so glad I am years out x2 on this whole thing. For so many years I just wanted to have a reason to be in the baby section of a store and now I am thrilled to be out of it. How life changes!

1 comment:

vicky said...

I completely agree with this whole baby department thing. I still have a very very difficult time going into the baby departments of stores. Really glad that it isn't a part of my daily chore.