I got my guts up to talk to M's teacher. She's really nice, that's not an issue. It's just that I avoid confrontation at all costs. In fact, I detest confrontation. I get weepy and that really stinks. I hate getting weepy. After we had Niko, I got up in church and talked and just made a fool of myself. Is wear I was saying things, but I am certain they were unintelligible. Once the floodgate is open I am a DISASTER. (Speaking of disasters... that last blog post was a grammatical disaster.. boy I should have reread it, but I am so not starting that!)
Anyway, I knew talking about my little M would get that weepiness started. It did a bit, but I held it together for the most part. I felt better after talking to her. I think M's teacher is really good. Trust me, I would not waste my time there if she weren't good. I'm not going to some Dolly Dinkle dance school. No way! I may not have ever been that good, but I was trained to know what good is. I think she's on a trust me with this kid's dance development track and I am on a if the kid wants to work on fixing things then what can be done type of thing. It's different when you are a kid's mom and I acknowledge that. I'm actually not so fond of emotions getting in the way of how things are... I like to just be objective. But mothering isn't objective like that always. So anyway, I don't know if we really agree. I think it was good for her to hear it not as a criticism of her, but as a my kid wants to try to improve type of thing. Hmmm.... we'll see how it goes. Anyway, I hope my kid feels like the awesome kid that she is. She's great no matter how she dances. But if she wants the opportunities to improve, then I want her to have them. Anywho.........
I took M to get her eyes checked today. I'm telling you those ladies in the school office are going to think I work there or something I am there so much. Good news and bad news... bad eye improved ever so slightly, good eye got worse a little bit.... they didn't have the contact lens for her bad eye so we will go back later for that... I don't want to ask how much more it'll cost.
What else? Let's go through the kids. T forgot his math book at school once again. I'm charging him time in work these days. If I have to drive over there to get it then I expect him to spend equal amounts of time working for me. This responsibility thing is killing him in 4th grade. On a positive note, he swam really well today and even more importantly, read without having to tonight. That's huge. He's reading a long 500 page book. Wow T!
D had two super rough nights in a row. Tonight was better. Maybe he's over it for a while. I felt bad tonight. We were super busy driving from place to place (literally for almost 3 hours) and I forgot to tell him to get dressed for his lessons. So he ended up wearing T's shorts which were way too big. He was a good sport about it though.
S is just struggling away. She's quite vocal about the fact that she controls her body and mouth. It's just too bad for her that others control so much of the rest of it. She's on a fairness thing. But fair isn't always, well, fair. For example, today she was frustrated because I wouldn't let her watch my computer and C was. Let's see, first of all, C has no homework. Then, C did spend much of her time slamming walls and doors. C wasn't sticking her tongue out at me and wasn't calling me a 'big fat dumbo' (hey at least I qualified for more than one adjective). When you are destructive, people don't want to share their stuff much. It's crazy how that works. I believe things are okay at school though. I'm keeping fingers crossed. I told S that I really want her to earn the things she wants, but she has to show. It takes action. Quit trying to destroy things and I'll be happy to let you use other things.
C is a little turkey.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you for talking to the teacher! It really is a hard thing to do! Stupid Emotions!!
Post a Comment