Monday, November 17, 2008

Past my bedtime so this had better be short

Tomorrow is the big day. We are going to visit the judge, where S has informed me, she will say that she picked a super beautiful name all by herself. She may just talk the judge's ear off.

It's been a long week.

Since my last post T flooded the first grade boys bathroom with another boy by flushing the potty too many times. He told me it wasn't such a big deal. The bathroom has a drain for that. He ended up doing over 4 hours of schoolwork at home that night. He hasn't had a bad day at school since from what I know.

I found out that D was getting into trouble in the coatroom at school. Of course, it was the other kids' fault. When I talked to his teacher I found out that he seems to be initiating problems at school. I can see how it happens. He can't keep his hands to himself and loves to pester people. It's not that he is a bad kid. He isn't. He just can't stand to not have the attention all the time. Still, it was frustrating. I know he is such a good kid inside. I wish he were sure enough of himself to not have to constantly need attention.

M and I had a Saturday together. We had an activity at church together. We watched Enchanted. How cute is that movie! I hadn't seen it if you can believe it. It was adorable. Then she had Nutcracker practice.

S spent a bunch of time with daddy this weekend. She seems to do better when she has a lot of daddy time. I think he is actually the better parent. It's just so much easier for him to be consistent. She was doing this crazy play dumb thing though. For example after talking during family prayers DH asked her to sit against the wall. She goes and stands next to the wall and gets a fake perplexed look on her face. "What is against? What does that mean?" She did that type of thing a bunch over the weekend and continued this morning. She is back to putting on a show and being the fake S. It's too bad because the real S is much nicer to be around.

D got in HUGE trouble at church. He peed in the garbage can in his class. Yes, you can fall off your chair and spit hot chocolate all over your shirt. He went to class (located not far from the bathroom) and decided that he needed to go (probably the truth). His teacher wasn't there yet and he didn't want to get into trouble for leaving without permission. Another kid in his class suggested the garbage can and so he did it. LOVELY! Let's just say I was humiliated. After being informed of this by someone speaking too kindly about it, I went back to my 'grown up' class (as S calls it). I told my friend that I knew he wouldn't own it when I saw him. I secretly hoped he would just say, "I peed in the garbage can. I'm sorry." Instead the first thing he said to me was, "so and so told me to do it." I was furious. It wasn't even the peeing in the garbage can in front of fellow six year olds that pushed me over. It was that he wouldn't just take ownership of it. We were right by the back doors of the church and I walked out swearing. Yep, that's right. I maybe have even slipped a little before I got out of the door. I was so angry. What an example of choosing the right I was. UGH! Then we got home and I went into the house and told DH to ask him how his day went and he told DH it was good. HUH? Then he said, "I didn't touch anybody." Yep, but was it really a good day? I so wish he would tell the truth. I want to trust him. I want that to be something of a building block in our relationship. And I can guess why it's hard for him to trust. But I try to show him over and over that when you tell the truth it's better. I try to go super easy on him if he tells the truth. He didn't get dessert.

My friend and I painted baseboards like crazy today. The person who ordered our carpet called to say that it is in as well. Woooo hooo! I can't wait to get that basement done.

I don't know what to think about tomorrow. I don't feel how I thought I would. But that's okay. It's time to do this. D is super excited. He has already memorized how to spell our last name. He's thrilled and I am glad to see him so happy about that.

No comments: