Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SICK!

I actually feel queasy and I swear it is this election. I thought about it as my husband arrived home just before 9pm. He has a pretty okay job and works really hard. We still try to watch our spending but we aren't poverty stricken. But you know, maybe it's the greedy monster in me, I don't want the government (with the republicans or democrats) deciding where his hard earned money goes. I want to dish out my 10 percent to my church. I want to feel like I can help the well run non profits that call my house. I want to be able to say, hey so and so that has medical bills that will never be paid, here's some money. I hope it helps. I want the government to say, "Hey people, I know you want this or that but you know what it just isn't in the budget. Yep, that stinks." I'm in no mood to watch any government overspend when I am wearing velour pants that are now closer to capris than pants and a hoodie that has a bleach stain. Anyway, I'm not against pitching in and sharing many of the bills. We need cops, judges, streets, etc. I don't want to subsidize someone that spends a chunck of the week watching reruns of the Office on the computer (although I LOVE that show especially the 5k episode... go watch it for a laugh) when my husband works over 60 hours. I'm a little grouchy about this dang it. If I wanted to live in a socialist nation I would move to one. And of course, there are many people that are more than happy to have someone tell them, hey, I'll fix everything. It's not your fault that your lot is hard. You need the government to come in and solve your problems because you are not going to do it yourself. And you know, sometimes it isn't any particular person's fault that life is hard. There are times when it just seems so unfair. When we had Niko I thought life was really unfair. And then with Joshua, I thought the deck was stacked against us. But boy have a I learned a lot from those awful times. So I can't say that it was all horrible and for naught. Both parties have some issues with this.

And it's crazy too because I can see how people can feel so happy right now. My best friend has a little boy that is half black and half white. She adopted him as an infant. He is such a handsome thing. Although she might not be fond of all of our new president's ideas, she does love people that demonstrate to her son that he really can do anything. I can respect that. I just wish our new dawn of leadership didn't scare me so much.

And I am sure I have offended some of my friends. I'll apologize now because I am spacey enough to not remember later. Oh and I can't even stand to reread this thing for typos and fragments. They'll just have to stay in there until I read this again in a decade or so.

On the positive front, the currency markets are responding nicely. Maybe that will help us out. I have a feeling our new president will feel more than happy to take credit for it.

Oh, and the Obama kids are pretty dang cute and his wife seems very likable. I just wish I didn't feel like he was trying to tell everyone what they wanted to hear.

No comments: