Our mice are still alive. Well, I say that just as I heard a trap snap. These are smart mice. They have managed to get all of the peanut butter since Monday. We are now trying Velveeta to see if that works better.
I bought a used couch tonight. I have been dying to have something to sit on in the basement the two times a month that I watch television.
Today I found one for 60 bucks. Is it new? No way! It it without some ink marks? Nope. Is it good enough for us while we have little kids that will still draw on things. YEP! I was giddy going over to pick it up.
Then we tried to get it down the stairs and it didn't go down so easily. DH got stuck on one side with me on the other. I ended up calling a friend to come down to help. As I walked out to get my things in his truck (I had borrowed it to get the couch) I saw a moving shadow outside. Of course, I said there was a MOUSE. My neighbor didn't quite think so at first. But he really likes catching mice and releasing them far from home. So he starts poking around in my bush in the front yard and sees one run one way. Then he sees ANOTHER. Why oh why couldn't that mom have had her babies elsewhere.
My laundry still isn't done. I'm too scared to even get my detergent out. I hope I have some in my food storage room so I can do laundry at a neighbor's tomorrow. Today, when I took S to school I wore capris. My car said 17 degrees. I need my clean jeans.
M stayed home sick from school today. I think she is starting to feel better. She may not feel a whole lot better when she realizes I forgot to get her spelling words.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay you need to tell your friend who drives the mice away - that he needs to KILL THE BUGGARS!!!!! It's like seeing a snake and NOT KILLING IT!!!!!! They will multiply and replenish EVERY chance they get!!!
Do you want me to come over and load up everything from your laundry room to the Bubble Hut??? I will even get your detergent... you silly girl!!
Post a Comment