Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Cow Day 2

So far so good. I'm over on dairy a bit I would say but I've kept my eating pretty 'primal'. My chances of really getting this cow are next to none but it's still fun to try :)

In other news.... my little M has had a rough few weeks. First our family 'reunion' got cancelled. It's not your typical family reunion and so it's easier for people just to back out. But in our family that just doesn't fly. Then she got ditched by a friend. She's had a pretty good attitude though. She said to me tonight, "You know, when you are feeling a little sad and you get that lump in your throat. That happened to me today."

But she's a trooper. And even more importantly, she's thoughtful and kind. I love that kid. What did I do to deserve her?

T tried out for a new swim team. I'm now wondering if he didn't make it on. He meets more than the requirements but they won't put new kids on if there aren't spots. So there could be kids who are worse swimmers on a team and better ones on the wait list. It's not looking super fabulous right now. I did know going into this that the section of the team he would qualify for was full as of the summer. Still, I hoped......... Speaking of T, he got put in detention or whatever yesterday. He got his card pulled twice. Once for not lining up for recess and once for talking out of turn. Nothing was huge. I emailed his teacher to make sure he wasn't downplaying the whole thing. I was so pleased with his teacher that she followed through on her rules. Two card pulls gets you sent out of class. Go her! I also now have sparkling tile in my house. I saw her this morning and told her go give him a little kick in the behind if he was naughty and to let me know because I could use having my wood floors cleaned too :) She did send me a nice email saying how she really liked him and loved calling on him for reading comprehension questions because he gets a little smirk and then always answers correctly. "Funny kid." was her description.

D is loving school. So far no problems. We are hoping to keep it that way. He seems to really like his teacher. He loves having once a week homework. He's happy about dance. He and his friend A were playing school the other day and pretending to take turns in detention. As long as it's just play........... He has been happy as a clam.

S thinks kinder is dreamy. But then again, she's still riding a high and everything is dreamy. The other day it was her brain. I am the sunshine in her sky right now. I'm still working on bring the euphoria down to something that will be less dramatic when the fall comes. But I am glad she is loving school. She's even handled her consequences for bad decisions pretty well. She adores homework, reading her little stories, having her hair done. She's thrilled to have show and tell tomorrow. She is loving ballet lessons as well.

C is a little sneakaroo. The kid is going to roll away if she keeps at it. She just loves things and so I have been trying to get her out of the house to run around and play. But my goodness!

We are looking at doing a little family trip soon. It has given the kids a little hope after the last two things have fallen through. Hopefully it will work out :)

Oh and in other good news, the running doc said I am improving nicely and that this week was most likely my last acupuncture week. Hooray for no more needles!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm sorry about M's tough week. Where are you thinking about going for a family trip? We miss you.