Friday, September 17, 2010

Surprise!

Today seemed as busy as ever. It was just a regular Friday. There was a trip to the grocery store, dinner put in the oven. M went off to dance (I had traded my driving day.) The boys came home from their after school program in time for T to change into his swim suit. I cranked the oven up for a few minutes and then turned it off so it could finish cooking until DH got home. Then I piled the four into the car and headed to swim which is a good 20 minutes away.

When we arrived at swim, T went to his group and started working. The little kids ran around in the bleachers. After a while C asked to go potty (as she has seemed potty trained lately). I take her and S down to the bathroom. C was wearing one of M's long shirts that sort of looked like a cute dress on her. It just wasn't worth the fight to get it off her and the shirt had a changing pattern and was looser at the bottom. She walked into the bathroom and

SURPRISE

the kid had no underwear one. Her little behind was as bare as can be. I was so shocked. She had been wandering around, climbing the bleachers and I was oblivious to this whole thing.

Apparently, she didn't wear underwear ALL day!

In other news....

M is handling her busy days rather well. We even managed to have a friend over.

T is the fastest kid in his swim camp. Since the team didn't have room for him, it's not a huge surprise. He messes around too much still though.

D has had great behavior at school. It might be the honeymoon period or a real change. We'll take it either way. He's loving school.

S is just charming everyone at school. I went to work at her class last week and they were doing vision screening. Shortly after I got there they pulled S. When the man brought her back in I heard him say, "Oh that one is such a cute one." Her teacher says everyone just adores her. She's still riding a high but life has been easier.

C has done one stinker thing after another. I think she wins too many battles, hence the reason I wasn't about to fight her on the shirt/dress. Every time I tell her she has had enough to eat she marches to the backyard and plucks a peach from the tree. Oh but she's cute too.

We took a little family trip last week. It was actually really enjoyable. The kids were well behaved and we all had fun. It's been a while since going anywhere felt like that. DH and I were talking on the ride home and said pretty much ,"Oh no, it's getting easy." Whenever it gets easy something happens and then it's NOT easy. A few things have recently appeared that could throw a kind or two in our paths. It's not the kink I fear, it's just the wait to find out what will happen. That kills me. But it all is for something it seems. But easy for a few weeks would feel kind of nice.

I'm going crazy with feeling overscheduled 4 out of 5 days a week after school. Carpools, babysitters, and being in two places at one time stresses me out a bit. But five kids means crazy schedules. And I love that they are developing talents. I have secretly been practicing the first violin part of the Bach Double Violin Concerto so I can keep up with Madeleine when she learns the second violin part this year. Soon she is going to zoom ahead of me.

So life isn't too bad. It's busy. Anything we do requires planning because there just isn't time to be spontaneous. We aren't spontaneous people.

Well, except Miss Sans Underpants......

3 comments:

vicky said...

wow...kids are so awesome! No underwear? I would have died.

Jenn said...

Why wear underpants when you might have to go to the bathroom and they would just have to come off? Makes sense to me! Plus it was still a bit hot. . .

Amy said...

the fresh air must have felt great. :)

I'm crossing my fingers for the news in a few weeks as well. Life could change as we know it.

Miss you.