Today was Middle's first day of kindergarten. With Oldest I had her outfit planned a week in advance. She had tried it on every day for a week. In fact, it probably wasn't clean by the time she wore it to school. But for poor Middle child it wasn't so. An hour before school was supposed to start (and this is afternoon K) I start fumbling around trying to find a pair of shorts for him to wear. He wanted to wear an old pair of 4t shorts and a stained shirt. My first choice was rejected. So finally we concurred. He didn't even want me to fix his hair thinking it was fine to wear the same hair he has had all summer. It was fun to watch him get so excited for school. The kid was up at 5:30 this morning with a huge smile. It's too bad he's not about 8 years older and I would train him to take care of the baby so he can at least be useful that early. But of course, by the time he is a teen he won't be so giddy about the first day of school. DH came home from work and we both walked him to school. He didn't really seem to care about us when we left. The teacher kept trying to shoe all the parents away anyway.
So what to do with all this time? WHAT TIME? The kid goes to school for a whopping 2 hours and 35 minutes. By the time I have his pictures downloaded it'll be time to pick him up.
Did I mention that when Middle was showing Oldest his 'homework' (a birthday page with pictures of himself doing this with his birthdate) Oldest pointed out that Mom had put the wrong date on for his birthday. I used Oldest's day and Middle's month. I'm glad she pointed it out. I would have hated for the teacher to know how scatterbrained I am.
Oh and Oldest was really cute this morning. Yesterday she forgot her home lunch. I wasn't able to answer the phone when she called to ask me to bring it. She told me this morning that she quickly said a little prayer when she realized she didn't have her lunch. It's not like the kid was going to starve as she has over 50 dollars in her lunch account at school. She said after she said her little prayer she knew everything was going to be okay. She's my tenderheart that girl.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment