An overactive imagination kept me up most of the night(all but 2 1/2 hours of it). It doesn't help that Middle and Oldest are both sleepwalkers. The house lights were turned on in the middle of the night and that made and already chicken mother more of a chicken. Today I went and bought wooden dowels and cut them to go in my windows. Now really, who would want to come in my house. I think a robber would feel like it was a waste of time when they saw all of the junk we have. I have to admit I was wishing I could attribute my messy house to something when a neighbor saw it. It looked pretty ransacked.
Oldest had a great day at school today. Youngest had a better day. I guess the other K boys decided to share the balls at recess. Oldest got into a bit of a tiff with a good friend. There isn't much to explain and I can see both sides. Oldest should not feel like she always has to do things her friend's way (which is how it almost always turns out) but she also should not snub her friend and walk away from her. They don't know how to deal with confrontation at this age. Oh, and really I don't think I know how to deal with confrontation.
For example, I know someone who needs help watching her son before school. I thought about offering my services before but then decided with a young baby I didn't want to. That's the great thing about being a SAHM. You may not have dollars lining your pockets but you have some freedom of time. Today this mom asked if another mom and I might be interested in swapping kids. You know, once a month on a random day I might be interested but the thought of being committed to one more thing is too much. Between helping in kids' classes, trading with other moms while they work in classes, dance and music lessons, this and that, I feel like I have no time. I want to be the nice person that is helpful but I just don't think I can do it. I'm going to offer to watch her youngin' this week while she finds someone. She's a totally funny person and I really like her. I just don't see it as a fit for my family. And heck, what would I do with a morning a week. My baby takes naps and wouldn't really let me be out and about.
On a sad note, this morning, a friend told me her mother had breast cancer. She was trying to be so optimistic on the phone but I could hear the quiver. Oh how I hate that quiver. Sometimes when I am talking about my (two deceased) boys the quiver shows up and I feel like I am losing control. I just wanted to give her a squeeze and tell her everything would be all right. The problem is I am never that optimistic. I hope but I just can't be one of those people that is so certain.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment