Last weekend went great. The kids' aunt and uncle were great people. In fact, they were quite a bit like us (minus my chub factor). Uncle had a similar background to DH. Okay, so maybe aunt wasn't that similar to me except she was NICE. And really, I'm not always that.
We learned a few things about their family and I feel made some new friends. They have two darling earth children. It was so pleasant.
S had a GREAT start to the week. She had so many good days (read that 3 but hey that is a bunch) without tons of sassiness. I just kept snuggling her and asking her how good she feels inside. She seemed SO happy. And this was the genuine happy thing. Yesterday that disappeared. She had a really rough day and ended up needing to go to bed before her bedtime. It got me to thinking about how maybe we are alike. Do I start to eat more healthy stuff and then self sabotage. Does it make me feel better to get rid of the crap in my diet. It sure does. But somehow the rice crispy treats still call. Maybe she is a bit like that too. (Only she's cuter with those curls.) Still, the trend of behavior went in the positive direction for a few days. I'm loving that.
I finally got M a violin this week. It's being delivered sometime before her next lesson. I couldn't get this brand of violin out of my head and it was keeping me up until after midnight each night. I finally decided I needed to quit looking and just buy the dang thing. My expectations are high as I was playing thousand dollar violins in her size and really liked them. But you know what, she is EIGHT and doesn't need a thousand dollar violin when my basement isn't done and I have crappy furniture. The five hundred (something like that, for real) review I have read say these sound like violins about 3 times their cost. So hopefully I'll get something that sounds even better than the ones I was playing. I was just grateful she started practicing without being asked this week.
T's tummy has been improved this week. We still have none of the tests back. His swim teacher said she thinks he would qualify for swimteam now. I might have to wait.
I figured something out with D this week. He needs more independent time. I think the reason he likes to pester people is that he can't stand to entertain himself. Even when he is playing, he constantly comes out to show you something. (I mean every minute or two.) So, we started independent playtime for 30 minutes each morning. He can show me anything after 30 minutes. It has been a real struggle for him but I think 30 minutes is fair for a kid that is almost six.
And the baby, she's a TORNADO. I can't even remember everything she has done. She makes it all a blur. She's gone through all the dental floss in the house, one tube of clomiterazole, a box of cereal, toothpaste, milk (in T's bowl, he forgot to put it in the dishwasher), a thing of wipes, and I'm sure a bunch of other things. She just goes from room to room in destructo mode. Luckily, she is so dang cute while she does it. I'm trying to remember if T was like this too. It's probably just a normal kid thing and because it has been so long since we had a kid this age, the effects seem greater.
DH has been running more. I'm not asking him if he is doing his upcoming marathon or not. M gave him the 'We don't want to watch other people finish. We want to watch you.'
I screwed up and parked in the middle of the driveway yesterday. Dang it. Why do I do that? I know it annoys the heck out of DH. I always think I'll move the car and I forget. I need to work on that. It's thoughtless of me.
And now I need to get ready. I am....
drumroll.............
going out to breakfast without kids. I have a sitter coming.
I'll enjoy the breakfast and I'm piggybacking it with dropping my car off for a repair. There is nothing that says fun like sitting at a car dealership for hours with FIVE kids :)
Good times!
But if I don't get dressed my breakfast won't happen. If I am going to stay chubby I might as well do it enjoying friends' company.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment