D had tubes put in his ears today. DH took him as there wasn't anyone to get the kids off to school AND I was sick. I didn't imagine that some sick person at the hospital wanted an icky virus to complicate a visit.
D did great. The doctor said he really did need the tubes and it showed later in the day. I let the kids watch the DVD player in the car. Usually we would have the sound at 16 or 17 and he would request for it to be louder. Today, he said it was loud when it was on 10. I'm thrilled about his. I think it could really help with his volume. He wanted to go to school today but the nurse said no way. He was a little bit bummed that people can't see his tubes. T thought it was going to be a hearing aide and D thought that was a fabulous idea. I'll take better hearing without the need for a permanent device.
What else has been going on? DH put lights in the basement. We have forever said good bye to the dungeon. Our goals are different. I just want it done and he wants it nice. I'm okay with nice, I just want speedy nice. Actually that's a lie. I want better than crappy with a super price. But it doesn't matter as long as it's done.
DH and I actually went on a DATE on Friday night! I don't want to think back to the last one of those. I remember we had a babysitter and it was a long time ago. Maybe I should use this handy dandy blog of mine to figure out when that was. We went to dinner at PF Changs and I didn't even order what I have ordered every other time. Then we went looking at carpet. It's easier to look at carpet without 10 extra hands.
S seems to have made more progress. When she starts to get really angry she can get herself out of the cycle. We had a few days where she started regressing and now we are moving forward again. I'm so hopeful. She really tries. Last night DH told me, "She really impresses me." It's not often a 3 year old impresses an adult.
C has been hilarious (when not in trouble). Yesterday I cut up a bunch of apples (a wonderful friend dropped off a bunch from her mother's trees). I called everyone in for a snack. C came in very angry and said, "Apples not snack." Well little missy, not all snacks come in the shape of a princess or Dora.
She is rarely interested in the potty in time. She is, however, overly interested in taking her diaper off when it is full. UGH. That isn't pretty.
T is grounded. You would expect it to be from using some kid's handcuffs at school. Nope, he fessed up to that right after school. He's grounded for throwing fits when I told him it was time to stop playing with is good buddy because we needed to go to music lessons. Somehow, all of the kids are feeling very entitled to play. I'm all for playing. It's good for them and good for me. But there is NO way I am going to put up with a bunch of attitude when it's time to stop. T got over it. Today he asked to play with his friend and I quietly reminded him why he couldn't and he smiled sheepishly and said he remembered. No problem!
M seems to be needing a little dose of you don't always get your own way too. She also will soon be out of money if she has to replace her bunmakers (2 of them), her glasses, and her ballet shoes. She really is pretty sweet. Nevertheless, she needs a little reminding that she isn't the boss of the casa.
D got another lesson in truth telling tonight. I hope he learned the lesson that he just needs to tell the truth. If not, I hope he at least picked up on the fact that writing T's name on the leather couch in pen isn't the wisest thing to do if you write it from right to left. He denied doing it for quite some time and was more than willing for M or T to get the blame. This is one habit that is going to be super hard to break. Maybe I'll shoot for a little success with the quieter voice first.
Tomorrow is going to be great. I don't know why but that's my plan. What day isn't great that starts out with clean dishes and a vacuumed floor.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment