This morning D asked me whom I would be voting for. I told him and he said that he would be choosing the same person. He asked when we would be voting and I told him he was too little. He didn't seem to like that idea. He didn't see a problem with voting when you can't even read about the candidate. And what is frightening is that he could probably make just as an informed decision as many of the people out there today. The media has been crazy about this race. You really have to search out facts. Candidates tell you what they think you want to hear (one more than the other in my opinion) and then the media twists and turns it into a mess. I received and email about Obama with snippets from his book. They all looked really rotten. I had to tell my friend that although I am not an Obama supporter, I didn't think that it was fair for people to pull things out of context. If he is going to look bad let it be on the whole paragraph!
How I vote would be obvious to anyone that knows me well. I don't think either of the candidates are just what I am looking for but I do know that one of them is NOT at all what I am looking for (unless I am checking out a picture and going for who is more handsome ;) ) . Maybe I am getting old and that is why, for the first time, I am a little scared of the election results. The tricky thing is that this dang democracy of ours allows us to CHOOSE a socialist if we want. It reminds me of more heavenly system that lets us have agency to choose to live correctly or to make mistakes. And of course, there are consequences.
So this is the day today.
-S 'graduated' from therapy today. She stepped on her certificate with a wet shoe and decided to throw it away. D tried to convince her otherwise. (He keeps everything.) She didn't care. She wasn't too attached to the certificate.
-I took S to preschool.
-I came home and send DH on his way to work and cleaned for about and hour and a half and got the two that were home ready for the day.
-The three of us (me, D, and C) went to the grocery store and enjoyed some rain.
-I dropped D off to viola lessons and then left to pick S up from preschool.
-S had her quicky violin lesson. She still is ticked that she has to have a good knuckle bump before she can use her bow. She's all about making sound.
-We dropped D off to kindergarten.
-I came home and threw a roast in the crock pot and a load of wash in the washer and then took S and C to the neighbor's to be watched.
-I zoomed over to D's class to volunteer for rotations.
-I picked up the two little girls and put the baby down for a nap and let S choose some books for rest time.
-I came to check on the computer that my polling place was the one I thought it was and got distracted by blogging.
-The kids come home in less than 30 minutes. I'll feed them a snack and then take T to swimming lessons which is two minutes away. If C is asleep I will turn off all working appliances and let M sit in the house with her while I drive the two minutes there. (Somewhere in here I'll also move the clothes that will hopefully be dry soon to my bed and get another load of wash in.)
-I'll pick T up and then bring him home and get him back in real clothes.
-We'll head out to pick up another little girl for dance and then drop the girls off.
-I'll hang out for 30 minutes until David's class starts and then I'll send him in.
-Then I'll take the remaining 3 kids to the polling place and start standing in line. A 6, 3, and 1 year old is better than not voting. We'll wait for an hour and then DH hopefully will come and fetch them.
-And with luck, I'll be home before the national news media calls the race.
What craziness!
Oh and I had a FABULOUS Honeycrisp apple today. They have been close to 3 dollars a pound everywhere and today I found them for 99 cents a pound.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Politicians... well, they just drive me nuts! Maybe it really is just a media made circus... it's still a circus! You have a crazy day! I too am loving the Honeycrisp apples... I found them a couple of weeks ago for 69 cents/pound... which was great because when you pay $3/pound, they are about $2 an apple... I pay that, because I love them!!
Post a Comment