Yesterday was M's birthday. I was down at my friend's house working on cutting out tulle for tutus. M and her best friend asked if they could go down to our house and dance in the basement. I told them they could if they used the garage. I came home a little bit later. DH had beat me home and told me that the girls had failed to close the door between the garage and the house. Now, I have to say that this door really needs WD-40 and won't just shut by itself. You have to really push it shut. I got scared immediately because, DUH, I found those mice in the garage. We told M that there was a chance we would have mice in the house now because she hadn't shut the door properly.
Then I forgot all about that.
We had dinner, presents, and then started eating cake. When the kids were done DH and I were still sitting at the table. Then I heard it. Little creatures in the laundry room right behind my back. I started freaking out and ran into the 'violin room' to hide from them. DH called for my help. He was standing there with his bad ankle hitting the TWO little mice with a broom when they would try to get out of the laundry room. He kept telling me to come and swat at them so he could go and get some traps. But I couldn't. I was just so scared of those little things.
So I called the Mouseslayer (with a big M). And then DH went out of the house and I used my smarts to put 3 towels at the base of the door. Then T and I plopped ourselves on the ground and tried to hold the towel against the door with our forearms. I heard the Mouseslayer come into the garage. We continued to man our post with arms all along the towel. (DH thought we were ridiculous.) T kept asking me if the little mouse was going to kill DH.
Then the door opened and I jumped thinking a mouse was going to come and get me. It was the Mouseslayer looking down at me as I lay there on my stomach holding towels to the bottom of the door. I'm sure it was pretty silly looking.
We have traps set and DH taped my towels to the door frame to try to make me quit freaking out. Then I ran the dishwasher so I couldn't hear any noise while I tried to go to sleep.
Then in the night I woke up and thought about it. I actually had the idea of having our former neighbor's white python come visit our laundry room. Do you know how scared I am of giant snakes? Horribly scared! And I actually thought of that as a possibility. And then I realized that was an even dumber idea. (And the snake only eats frozen popsicle mice. EWWW)
The mice are still in there. DH went in (through the garage of course) and saw their little presents in there. They are quiet and smart. They aren't doing the trap thing yet. I hope they get hungry enough.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If the "Mouseslayer" was really a mouse-slayer - you would be rid of the little critters!
I hate mice too! I saw a mouse in my garage and I rounded up Sheral's cat (I asked first) and trapped it in my garage for a while. Maybe you could borrow someone's cat too.
Post a Comment