I have this HUGE fear of mice. I know we get them in our garage. I'm sure they like it because a. it's messy and b. there is always a supply of dog food to fill their bellies. But this year it's even messier because we have half of what was in our basement still out there.
And I have known some mouse was staying toasty in our garage.
Then tonight I went out to feed our dog and something moved in the bottom of the dog food bag. I jumped back and came in to tell DH (who was on our bed with his foot unwrapped... the doc said today that it was bad enough that he should come back when eight weeks was up on his injury and they could decide if he needed reconstructive surgery). DH wanted me to fold the top of the dog food bag down and just cart the little sucker off.
I tried. I did.
Okay, I didn't really try. I kept going out and every time I would get a little big close I would hear movement and I would freak out.
I came in the house and got on a coat to protect my arms. I grabbed DH's gloves so the thing couldn't get any hantavirus on me.
And I was still too scared. So I went down to my friend's house. She and her husband were still awake and he came down to take care of my mouse. But it wasn't just a mouse, it was a couple of them and they were smaller.
That's bad news. They are part of a family and most likely one that visits MY house. But for now, the two in the dog food are gone.
Then funniest thing was that after I came in and took off my jacket I realized I was wearing a running shirt from a race. It was the three blind mice race. I had mice on my shirt.
And now I am going to let the Nyquil do it's thing and put me to sleep so I can get rid of this nasty cold.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You should ask Rosalinda about my mice slaying skills - seriously, just call me and I'll head over with my shovel! (Or, you could lock up one of my cats in there with no food - they'll find SOMETHING to eat!!)
I may have to borrow your cat. Vernon went and let the little critters live somewhere down by where the deer are. I'm wondering what their mad mama is going to do in my garage. UGH!
Keep your dog food in a sealed up container...maybe that will help keep them out of your garage.
Post a Comment