Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Toys Dang Toys

Of course I have mentioned my FAVORITE day of the year. It's when Target marks their clearance toys down to 75% off. I get such a rush shopping on this day. I have been waiting patiently, checking every board I know that has followers on the east coast. I was prepared to go out tomorrow morning to my favorite Target. Then tonight I read something just awful. Yep, my Target marked their stuff down a day earlier than normal. I was flat out of luck.

I called a friend and headed out. Luckily, other people were also waiting for tomorrow and I found a few things. Okay make that quite a bit. I have birthday gifts for the boys' friends for the year. I have a few other things as well as party favor's for M's party. But I know I missed out on the good stuff and that dang shoppers high. There was no racing some other mad woman down the aisle of Target to find all of the Legos (although I did find one thing lucky me).

But I did get to share my time with a friend and that made it much better.

What else, I fessed up that I am drawn to things that will make me look chunkier, like horizontal stripes (lots of those on clearance) and argyle patterns (which I seem to stretch out a little more on the horizontal side).

And since we are fessing up, I have to say that I love coffee flavored jelly beans. Hmmm....

Oh and I paid full price for a 20 oz. Diet Coke.

2 comments:

vicky said...

WOW...I had no idea that toys went to 75% off! I want to try to do this. I wonder if I should go to my store and see if there is ANYTHING.

discombobulated said...

Your store was crazy! Not every toy went down. They will be marking a few more types down later.