Wednesday, March 25, 2009

In the last week I have begun to think that just maybe S is making some progress. She hasn't been plowing through her food without tasting it. I haven't caught her eating anything that wasn't a food. She has even started deciding she is done eating without finishing everything. That is HUGE! Her behaviors seemed to be improving some as well. There were still stronger and longer tantrums than four year olds usually have but they weren't was they used to be.

I got a little cocky. I think deep inside I was giving myself a little too much credit for it. And then this week she was caught doing her most difficult behavior two times. I'm trying to change the reaction and see if that helps because with her you always have to be one step ahead. Her door is coming off her room today. That might help.

I had C on my lap and said to her, "C, your mom is just average." (Can you tell I had given myself a little too much credit just to realize that we are all pretty much average at something?)

And C replied, "My mom not average. My mom is awesome!" (I don't know how she got the verb in one sentence and not in the other. And to top that off, I don't think she knows what average even means.)

She made me feel better that little turkey.

Oh and on the other little munchkins, they all had good reports for parent teacher conferences. D's classroom behaviors are improving again. There are less meltdowns and less crying fits. This is huge. I was so proud of him. It's a real struggle for him. T had his first report of all outstandings. His teacher asked if he is as good at home as he is at school. (The answer is a big fat NO!) He really likes to goof around so I know it's hard for him not to do it at school. Once again I was a happy mama. And M had the cutest letter. She wrote that she hoped her teacher would tell us she was always respectful. And of course her teacher said great things because she is a super kid. It was really nice to have three good visits with teachers.

Oh and as for C. She is just chatting it up. I will be said though when she starts saying yep instead of lep. She is really into some good foot stomping when she is angry. She likes two ponytails, not one. We went to buy her a new swimsuit yesterday because they were on sale (and did I mention the ground is all snowy again today) and she did not want the ones I was interested in. She wanted a blue polka dot one. Blue is her favorite color. I should not have been surprised.

I think I have decided against going to Alaska for a week this summer. My mom is taking M up to their lodge and I was going to go. But in reality, the plane ticket alone is about 800 dollars and there are so many other costs as well. I just don't think I can do it. Eventually, my mom would like our whole family to go but of course, take that 800 and multiply it by 7 and it because one pricey trip. So we are looking at taking a two week vacation and driving up through Calgary and over to Prince Rupert and then taking the ferry for a couple of days to their lodge. I think it might be a bit of a fun adventure and it would cut about between 2 and 3 thousand dollars off the cost. We might die after being in the car together that long though. :)

And lastly, I lost a measly .4 pounds this week. I was starving. Last week I was hungry all week and I lost .8. So for two very hungry weeks I lost less than five sticks of butter. Once again, my good friend said don't worry about it. You are not going to lose much of anything when you are under so much stress so you might as well enjoy life a bit. But that would be almost 30 pounds by next year if I just stay stressed and hungry. I keep telling myself that wouldn't be so bad. DH and I did really well with the refined sugars though. There was a tiny bit in the barbecue sauce on the chicken on Sunday when we were at my MIL's but that is pretty much it. And I think we have been gluten free now for two weeks. I probably need to cut the rice and corn products out but I just so don't want to.

I can't wait for it to warm up a bit. I had dh get some rebar and I am going to pound it into the ground so my beans, cukes and peas can grow up it. We'll see how it works. Right now they are 10 feet long. The beans are supposed to grow at least 6 feet tall and here everything seems to grow even bigger than it is supposed to. I'm not quite sure how I will pound in 10 foot long sticks. I guess I'll just take a ladder out there and see if i can get them in about two feet. I'm hoping a really great garden can help with our food costs this summer. And if not, there is always a nice lesson involved in gardening.

No comments: