Yesterday wasn't horrible. I put on the soothing music all day and the kids weren't too bad. S worked on earning stuff back and she had a genuine happy look to her at the end of the day.
And then she screamed for attention in her room when she went to bed. She had been with me all day (which seemed like misery for her at first) and helped me work. And then when she finally got her way and could go and be away from me she screamed.
As expected, D had a huge meltdown. It always happens when S starts to be better. It's the social stuff. T and his friends just play a little old for him and then when he tries to start commanding them to do things they blow him off. After the meltdown was over and I got him to stop doing his self talk we talked about how maybe we could find him some friends that were more his 'age'. I couldn't do much of this before because until recently we had lying all the time and you can't go to others' houses when you are lying all the time. But he is doing less fabrication of stories and such now and so I think it's time. I arranged for him to play with a cute kid today for just an hour before school. This kid barely made the K deadline and is young for his grade. D is old. They might make a good match.
I felt like supermom yesterday. It's amazing how great you feel when you look to the right source for your needed super powers.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment