Monday, March 16, 2009

Just a few things

I haven't written in forever because, well, I have so much to write and can't manage to get it all in.

We just returned from Arizona. We went down to a Cubs game to celebrate Joshua's birthday. They lost but it was fun.

In the two full days that we were there we managed to visit two friends, two great grandmas and a great grandpa along with dh's aunt and uncle and one of his cousin's family. I went to several garage sales and found M some cute jeans that were obviously not worn a whole bunch due to the heat (or maybe the kid just grew, who knows?).

We went to buy flowers to take to the boys and some younger guy (I'm thinking young twenties) came in to buy a dozen roses. A minute later someone else comes into the flower shop to say that someone's blue car has rolled into a major road. I guess the kid forgot to put the car in park or something. This was not some little road. We are talking a 7 lane road. I can't believe it didn't cause a wreck. That was luck for certain.

M was shocked because I didn't turn into a blubbering idiot at the cemetery. I did that two nights earlier and was feeling a little done with the tears and the woe is me. I can only woe so much and well, my eyes were so puffy after the first time that I made a decision to just not do that again.

I reflected once again on how my Joshua gave me C. She would have ended up just like him and instead she is a little miracle due to major medical following. I give thanks forever to my Joshua for her.

We managed to do everything on M's list. She has a shaved ice place she loves, Soupersalad and Dunkin Donuts. She's funny about traditions.

T and C were both a little sick. I thought it was just their regular tummy problems but it turned out to be something more projectile. C got me good tonight after we got home. Luckily, I cleaned up easily in the shower and she didn't get my new carpet. It sounds dumb but I was thrilled. Doesn't it figure that we skipped visiting my SIL and BIL because they had a kid with the stomach flu and we still ended up with it.

D and S had a much much better trip this year. We didn't have major tantrums at every turn. I think they both enjoyed the trip much more as well. S's tantrums did return when we got home but that was expected as she got her way much of the time in AZ and I believe she thinks that it is her doing. But it was better and I am so grateful. It was good to have a strong memory to compare with.

I'm a little stressed over health issues in my family this week. My grandma has some scary wound on her leg. She has MRSA and things just don't heal like they would on most of us. Then, I talked with my mom tonight and found out that when she was at a friends house she got attacked by a dog and ended up in the ER for stitches. I'm hoping she will heal a little better than she normally does.

My mom then told me as we were driving home that she has a blurry spot in the center of her vision and she is going to go and see a doctor. Of course, I jumped right to macular degeneration and started worrying away. She thinks it's because her blood was way too thin (according to the docs to the you could just bleed internally and die point) and she thinks her eyes just have been bleeding inside. Either way, it isn't good. I would hate for her to lose her vision. I'm hoping she gets in ASAP. This did make me think that my answer to my mom about taking M to their lodge in Alaska will be a yes. I don't want her to miss that especially if she is going to lose much of her vision eventually. I may end up heading up there myself. (Don't expect me to bring home a bear or anything, maybe a whale picture or two.)

The good news is that I was a pretty dang good dieter this week and I had better lose at least a pound. It's not often you come home from 'vacation' without gaining weight and I will be thrilled if I'm down a bit.

Oh, and the orange blossoms smelled heavenly in AZ. Oh how I love that smell! It makes me have the sniffles but I still love it. I really do like AZ. I feel so comfy there. But it was nice to come home and see no graffiti. DH and I spotted at least 200 deer on the way home. I would miss that too. They were everywhere.

Oh, and I came home to daffodils. That's always exciting. My bamboo plant bit the dust but the daffodils outside did well. I'll take what I can get.

1 comment:

vicky said...

yes...there is nothing like the smell in AZ during the spring! LOVE IT!
Sorry to hear about your families health issues but I am glad you get to go see your mom.