Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A little update

I thought I should write down a few funny things. They do happen and I am super grateful for them.

Yesterday M received a phone call from my mom who called to get her pumped up about their trip to Alaska. My mom told her about the baby humpback that was seen near their lodge, the fish, and a pod of orcas. M came out so excited to tell me what was 'awesomely awesome'. Apparently there is a library.

T got his jammers for his first swim meet. I could swear these things are the size of an American Girl doll outfit. He wanted to wear them today to play at the neighbors. I let him even though it gave me the heebie jeebies.

Speaking of American Girl things, C brought the catalogue to dinner yesterday. She just had to check things out. What a turkey! Then tonight she put herself to bed after I mentioned bedtime. I went looking for her and found her asleep on her pillow.

D got the a okay from his doctor to go back to normal activities. His arm is pretty much healed. He still needs to gain a little ground but he can go back to swinging monkey bars.

And S, she finished preschool. It's kind of nice to not have to drive her every day. We started working on reading this week. I think she can pick it up pretty easily. She and her best buddy have been practically glued at the hip since preschool ended.

Lastly, I bought a basketball hoop. I was so thrilled. I have wanted one, thinking that it might help the boys have something in common. I looked for one online and found on in my town for TEN buckaroos. Then I called and realized it was someone I knew. Yipeeiay! (I know. I botched the spelling.)

It hasn't added to the bonding process yet but at least they are outside. I am learning a bunch about the rules of basketball as they tattle on each other. I guess I have to learn some way.

No comments: