I lost T's homework. I swear I saw it last night or this morning. I thought briefly about having him take it to school but didn't because he can't report his reading minutes early.
And tonight I just can't find it. I have searched and searched. And all this searching is after searching for my sewing machine pedal. M has the quilt all cut and pinned that she is making for her teacher's baby. Now I can't find the pedal. What is worse is that I couldn't find it last time I was going to lend the machine out. Then, weeks later, I saw it. And I can't remember what, if anything, I did with it. M good friend told me to pray about it and I told her I just couldn't. I hate to say it but when you bring something on yourself, I don't think you should expect a miracle. If I had put the dang thing away, I would know where it is now. If I had hung T's homework back up under his magnetic clippy thing, I would know where it is.
And all this searching was done in between sessions of pouring over my driving schedule. I have a bit of a quandary a the moment. I have to drive the 350-525 miles a month to get T to his swim practices (depending on how many times a week he goes... has to go a min of 3 or he can get kicked off the team). Do I stop my carpools and just do all the driving myself. It doesn't really matter timewise because I have to drive near dance anyway. But M loves her carpool (I may have already blogged about all this but it's still heavy on my mind so it might just be getting a duplicate post) and well, I hate for the kids to spend almost 3 hours in the day in the car when they aren't in lessons. What kind of life is that ? So if they carpool and I have a sitter some days then there is lesson of that watching you grow older in the backseat of a car thing going on. But the sitter is going to suck up the me slush fund. I was wondering where it was going and now I have figured it out. Some of it has been going to pay sitters while I drive carpools which are too big for my kids plus the carpool kids.
Anyway... back to the homework thing. While searching for it I did find two assignments that weren't turned in this week. I can't say much since I lost his last assignment. I would be mad but well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
In other news....
M got interested in blogging this week.
T had his fastest times at a swim meet. He also had his first disappointment in his results. The best part was when I asked him how he was going to swim his backstroke. I wanted to know how he planned on handling the turn. He said something to the effect of "You know, on your last stroke you turn over and do a flip turn." Um, T, have you ever done that? Maybe you should go and talk to your coach. Coaches suggest was to just slow down like a 25, touch the wall and turn around and start back. He really thought he could just try a backstroke flip turn for the first time during a race. You don't slow down when you do those and you'll whack your head if you aren't careful.
D found out he doesn't need a palate expander. He doesn't however need some other orthodontia and will be getting it soon. I had fun taking pictures of him at the dentists as they put these contraptions in his mouth. He was a good sport about it.
S hasn't quite made it back from our trip to AZ. She's still out of sorts. Today she did get her anger under control enough that I could let her play outside at violin. That was a big plus for both of us because she really loves it and well, it's hard to have the kids inside during lessons. There are just too many of them.
C has been on a draw all over things. It has been permanent marker lately on her bed, bedding, blinds.... (maybe she had a thing about the letter b). It has been really frustrating. She's the uberdestructo girl right now.
And at the dentist we managed ZERO cavities :) That's two times in a row. No cavities for a year. We went out to eat to celebrate.
And as for me, well, I haven't managed to do anything well. I haven't figured out what is best. Do I keep trying to do everything frazzled or a few things really well. It's too much stress to even decide. So I'll just keep plugging along :)
D's baptism went well. He was thrilled with all the people who came to see him. We had a fun party at our house with his cousins after. After everyone left gave me the first relaxing time I had felt in quite some time. It was great to that feeling even if it didn't last.
On tap for this weekend is C's 4th birthday. We have a party to go to and as I am feeling so festive, I am certain it'll be a blast.
My little Niko has come to my mind quite a few times in the past week. He finds more of a place in my mind during this, his season. Maybe it's another reason I am more scatterbrained. It's hard to balance the heavens and the earth all in on mortal's thoughts. Hopefully, I can be forgiven for all the things I mess up on while trying to manage it.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment