T found out his teacher is heading home at a similar time that we will be travelling. T told me he was going to ask for a map to her house so he could visit her. DH and I joked around that he could just drive down with her, perhaps in her trunk and we'd give her a couple of dollars so she could toss him a hamburger now and then. We all laughed.
I emailed her today and told her pretty much, "Hey, sorry if he bugs you. He doesn't get that teachers don't want to see their students on their breaks."
Tonight before bed he tells me he told his teacher, "My mom wants to know if I can go to AZ with you."
What a turkey!
Then he asked me if he could. Apparently she's flying and he has never flown and thinks she'd be a good buddy to try flying with.
And onto the other kids.....
M is playing the violin with her little choir. I asked her if she had the music and she said she didn't and that it seemed a little weird sometimes but then it sounds fine. Hmmm... I guess they sing with a CD.
T is swimming really well. He was leading out today because he kept passing everyone. I love seeing him really focus on something.
D is so excited for his invention of a robot with a television in his belly. The box is painted a bright orange right now.
S is still trying to recover from our trip to AZ. She's a screamer these days. We had playgroup here today though and she did pretty well with her friends. Tonight she hated me and then adored me and couldn't stop hugging me.
C is one hard 3 year old. Once she is tired there is just nothing you can do with her. The freckles she gave herself earlier in the week are almost gone. She thinks she's five or older it seems.
I conquered a 25 lb bag of onions today. I don't want to admit how long they were on my counter. I finally got them all chopped up and frozen. I can't believe I haven't cleaned my house more when we have a family shin dig here in a couple of days.
And with that I am done. I'm feeling less stressed today. I had to turn down helping one lady with a carpool issue because I just couldn't do it. But then another person called about a different carpool and I was able to make it work. I felt much less like a loser that way.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
One question: What do you do with a 25 lb bag of onions?
Topher cracks me up. He might be a lobbyist some day...
Post a Comment