Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day

Somehow my family misunderstood Labor Day. I think instead of resting from one's labors they thought it should be Mom's day to labor.

There is always much to be done though thanks to a dryer that takes almost 3 hours to dry. I know way back when they didn't even have dryers and I should be grateful but my goodness, THREE hours. Of course if I was better about resetting it right after it went off I could probably cut that down to 2 1/2. I didn't even leave the house yesterday.

Last night I realized that Oldest had homework due today. I don't know if I should be more concerned that we had both forgotten that she had homework and were staying up after bedtime to get it done or if I should be worried that a week's worth of homework only took five minutes. What's the point I ask you?

We went to a baby blessing on Sunday. At the luncheon after I carefully selected foods that wouldn't have milk in them (or so I thought). After eating I asked the hosts who made the potatoes and learned who did it and that the magic ingredient was cream of mushroom soup and cream itself. No wonder they were good. Anything is yummy that is forbidden. Youngest started getting diarrhea that night and it hasn't stopped yet. Her poor little tummy.

She did a few standing sessions on Sunday without anyone holding her. She looks terrified to fall. Her little lip was quivering away. Maybe she'll be a good walker just so she doesn't have to fall down. My nephew was there on Sunday. They are five months apart and he is about as big as she is. I don't know if it's that he is big, she is little, or a combination of the two. It does look funny to see her so mobile and animated and see him lay there without moving a whole bunch.

Off I go to get moving on this day. Middle just came in and told me something about 'baketsball' on the television. He has just finally mastered saying yellow instead of lellow and now he has a new one. Oldest still says 'mazagine' and I just can't correct her much because I think it's adorable.

No comments: