When the throw up is almost cleaned up (and can you believe that D slept through having a carpet cleaning machine in his room.... I think he needs a nap during the day because he is too dang tired at night. No one should be able to sleep through that) and the kid is showered and clean you see the vulnerable little kid that you babied as a small child. T was a pill today. He hit his big sister, teased his little sister L, and snagged C's new toys from her grasp (and they are in bleach now... don't worry).
I was not quite at my wit's end but I was getting closer. And then I saw him cry out in the shower that his stomach hurt again. His little face was pale. He wanted out and he wanted help into his clothes. He needed his mama. I was needed to stroke his face and to tell him to hit the pan. It's nice to be needed.
That being said, I am hoping that this is all I am needed. I have dreaded having 3 kids with a stomach bug all at one. Five seems more than overwhelming.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment