Thursday, December 27, 2007

Overabundance

On Christmas Eve I was wrapping presents. Our kids generally get 3 presents between Mom and Dad and Santa. Then Santa usually leaves a little something in the stocking and a new spin toothbrush. I looked at the gifts and thought maybe just maybe I should add one more in. This happens every year. Thinking back on years past I decided against adding anything in. Boy was I glad.

On Christmas morning there were presents EVERYWHERE. There were so many that I almost felt ill. Such excess!

Still, the excess has given the boys a bunch to play with and they haven't started fighting. L had a very rough Christmas day. She needs her regular structure and NAP! Not enough sleep on Christmas even and a very exciting morning made for a very cranky little girl. She spent much of the day screaming her wants at people. We have been working so hard with her on this and she had made so much progress. So it was frustrating to have her screaming at every little thing. Yesterday was much better though. She is much more charming when she is well rested and not screaming. She was funny on Christmas. For lunch I cooked some oh so healthy chicken nuggets. She had eaten a ton of the things and we were making her eat slices of apples in between to slow her down. I told her that she had to eat an apple slice and she pouted. Then I hear her asking Grandma for a nugget. Grandma knew about the apples and gave her the same answer. A minute later she went to my sister. She received the same response. She was not about to give up and went to my brother's wife. She almost gave her a nugget and then I reminded L she had to eat an apple slice first. She just doesn't give up that one. I'm sure some day it's going to be a great quality to have.

C had her first real Christmas. Last year she had only been home one day and so it's wasn't very Christmasy. She found a candy cane and wandered around with that thing making a big fat mess of herself. She was adorable though. That candy cane was her piece of heaven.

M LOVED her American Girl doll from Grandma. I knew that Grandma would outdo us with her gift. M's good friend came over and they played and played.

T was happy with his scooter and loved the Transformers and TMNT's.

D was thrilled with his toys until Papa opened his freaky Roboraptor thing and then he cried because he wanted a robot. Santa wouldn't bring a robot dino because mom hates the things. He got over it when he played with Papa's. Luckily, he also lost interest in it quickly. I'm sure Santa is glad that he didn't waste the money on one.

L loved all her gifts. She is in baby heaven. Her newest is Pinkie. I'm sure you can't guess why.

All the kids claimed to hear Santa.

Oh to be a kid. I'm sure they did hear Santa though. I know Santa was in our house busily wrapping gifts.

And since then we have tried to start recovering. One of the springs in the garage broke and they came to repair it today. I can see now how people get killed under those doors. They were able to fix it today. I love having a garage. I'm wondering what else can break now. We already replaced the dryer, the fridge, the hall, and who knows what else. But now the spring should last 7 more years or so. So it was worth the $$$.

DH is snowboarding today. I wanted him to get out and enjoy the fresh snow. He turns into a little kid when he sees that powder.

Life has been hectic but for now all is well.

No comments: