Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Avoiding my own blog

I've thought about blogging for the past week. I just haven't been able to muster the courage to babble away. But seeing that I am using this thing as a journal of sorts, I figure I should type something.

We got a letter saying the kids have medicaid. I was uber happy over that. I called and scheduled the therapy intakes today. I'm hoping it helps. The kids need it I believe. I could use it too. I just don't feel like I can dump five kids on various friends for that. So we'll try the kids. Once again, it will be tricky because I feel like I have exhausted everyone with watching this kid or that (working in class, doctor visits, etc) but I have to try therapy for the kids. Maybe I will learn more about S that way. Maybe it'll do nothing. At least I'll feel like we are trying. At the moment I am not too successful at any of this parenting stuff. M and T are starting to act up more too. I am certain it's because of me sending mixed signals about what I will tolerate.

Tomorrow M goes to the ophthamologist. I'm hoping for something better than 20/50 corrected for her lazy eye. She was doing so well with her patch. But the last few weeks haven't been so hot. I'm still hoping for the best. She is starting to get to the age where patching isn't goign to be as effective.

C hit 20 lbs. We flipped her forward. She just points at the screen hanging from the ceiling. I can't believe she loves it already. She took a fall tonight. I was putting her jammies on and she tried to run away. You can't run far when someone is holding on to your feet. The poor kid landed right on her face. I kept her up for a while to make sure she didn't have a concusion. I don't know if I would really be able to tell if she had one but I tend to stress about it every time she takes a bad fall.

Positive Note- Tomorrow the framing of my basement is commencing. It may not make a difference in the end but it feels great to think that it's getting started.

No comments: