Today D had his first day of 'summer camp' as we call it. He adored it and my house was so calm. The kids played so nicely. They were in and out much of the day. The competition element had been removed.
Then DH and I took D and S to the social worker's office for some paperwork. The kids did really well there. On the way there S said to me, "Mom, you are going to keep me even if I am naughty." "Yes S, I am going to keep you forever." "I love you mom."
I think it was sincere.
We got home and I had this feeling that I needed to tell T to come in so we could get ready to leave. I pushed it out of my mind and decided to just let him play a few more minutes. Wouldn't you know that in those few minutes T managed to crash his bike in the street. He came in with a face full of blood and a screaming voice.
Just yesterday D went out and crashed his bike. He looks like he has a goatee (or however you spell it) but it's an abrasion. T has a couple of dangling teeth. DH has taken him to the ER to make sure he didn't crush part of his face because it looks really bad. I just kept thinking, "Why oh why did you have to one up him?"
So I am anticipating a visit to the dentist tomorrow. It's a little bit funny because just today the dentist's office called and said we were due for a visit. I tried to schedule a time but just couldn't get one scheduled. There isn't enough time between activities. Now I have to go in and he won't even get his teeth cleaned.
Oh and the littlest turkey tonight disappeared into the pantry. I found her with a spoon and the hot cocoa powder. She'll be sick tomorrow because of the milk. How in the heck did she figure out that she needed a spoon.
Oh well. It was a beautiful day today.
Positive Note- S had a day without any real tantrums. She had a brief timeout at the social workers office because she was getting a little too feisty. But that is nothing. It really was a pretty good day.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment