I have to mention what an awesome job my DH did today at a race. Not only did he have another PR but he did one of the miles in less than six minutes. He's not one of the super speedy racers but for a six foot six Clydesdale he is doing great.
While he was racing the kids and I went to check out some yard sales. Just last night I was thinking that I needed a new pair of shoes to replace a pair of black ones I adored. They finally fell apart and I HAD to toss them. I was at this one yard sale looking for some doll house furniture and I saw a brand spankin' new pair of shoes in my size. That seemed a little weird until I saw the other shoes. They were all a size smaller. I guess the person decided a 11 really was too dang big. The bottoms of the shoes are still shiny with no wear. Yeah for me. And they were only a single buck too. I also bought a pair of Heelys for two dollars. I don't know who will get to try them but I like having them try them for two bucks instead of 40.
DH and I are wondering if C broke my nose today. I was snuggling with her on the couch and I was tickling her a bit. She threw her head right back onto my nose. It is so tender and a little numb. But it didn't bleed or swell a bunch (just a little) so I don't know. It's not like anyone is going to do anything about it anyway. It makes for a good story though.
Tonight I was reading C a book and when I got to the last page she said the sentence on the page. "That's better." I tried to get her to do it again for dh and she wouldn't. She seems to be certain that she isn't a performing monkey.
D really had a great day for him. He was cute because he mentioned in his prayers that he was thankful he could feel so happy inside because he did what was right. After they did chores this morning (and he and T already had an extra for a little fight) he OFFERED to scoop the poop in the backyard. He did it so willingly. I called DH and told him about it and encouraged him to stop off and find a little treat for him. He really did a good job today. Of course there were moments when it came apart but it was much much better.
S struggled a bit today. She is such a toddler. She knows how timeout is and she will almost comply but will try to test the limits by doing just a little bit of it the wrong way (facing out, touching things, etc.). I really do think she will get it. Today she just wanted to be tickled like crazy. I would tickle her under her arms and she would beg me to tickle her neck. I don't know how she can stand it.
Oh, I got a new 'treat' today. DH got a new ipod nano at work for some project so he gave me his old one. I had him pick me up the Nike +ipod thing . I tried it tonight but didn't make it far with it working because I hadn't charged the nano. It was totally cool though. I pushed the button a ton of times to see how fast I was going. It may not be completely accurate but it was very motivational. It's too bad that I was stuck in some Enya music though. It's not that I don't like Enya. It's just that Enya makes for slower running. I'm excited to try it out this week some more. My knee didn't feel to bad either so I was thrilled. Granted, I didn't go that far. I figured I should do an easy run and test the knee out. I'm hoping that taking that week and a half break will pay off and I won't have huge knee problems.
Positive Note-I was able to handle S's issues yesterday without getting super grouchy. I decided that I might as well stop praying for her to change and to start praying for help in dealing with her more. I was still a little on edge after she wiped her own feces on the wall because she was mad and so I needed all the help I could get. It worked. I was thrilled because the day before I had been so frustrated.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can I post on here or does that taint your anonymity? I just wanted to say-way to go blogger's dh. Less than a six minute mile-that's freakin'fabulous!!!!!!
Post a Comment