Little Miss S decided to pull a new one this afternoon. Maybe I shouldn't have blogged earlier. She was angry because she was told to pick some little pieces of garbage on the stairs (because she wouldn't sit in timeout without complaining and screaming). We have moved to time out, if you comply you get to get off after the minutes of your age. If you don't serve your time out then you get to work for a little bit and then you get the chance at sitting in time out again.
So S was doing her stairs, or not doing them, as the case was and was screaming and complaining. It's not like she had to do a whole lot of work. She needed to pick up a couple of pieces of paper. She kept saying she was angry and then she threw up on my stairs. It wasn't a huge spot. She came up and told me she threw up and that it was on purpose. She didn't throw up because she was sick, she did it because she was angry. UGH! She just keeps on trying new things.
I'm hoping that this is a positive sign. I'm trying to look at it with the silver lining of she must realize those other things aren't working for her. We'll try to get rid of this the same way. I can't have her doing this. Not only is it hard to deal with a kid that throws up when she is mad. It would be a disaster for a kid that can't control her eating. This one has to be nipped in the bud.
She's a cute little turkey. We just have to help her control her anger. She has every reason to be angry. But it will take over if we don't work with her.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! We are heading to UT this afternoon! I sent you an e-mail but not sure you got it?? I hope I have the right e-mail for you! It would be fun to see you! Ü
Post a Comment