So what makes a good Saturday?
Let's see. DH was at a race and so I woke up all the kids to haul them around while I got my garage sale fix. So far it doesn't sound like great Saturday material. But I was totally stoked when I managed to find a sale way on the other side of town that was selling their baby and toddler clothes for a dime a piece. I got pants and jeans for both S and C for less than a buck. I found jeans for T (even slims) and jeans for M. For 15 bucks I managed to get a brand new remote control mini helicopter (for T's birthday coming up) still in the box, 4 pairs of jeans (and not just boring ones) and a pair of pants for M, a skirt for M, a few pairs of jeans for both C and S, and a rubbermaid container for our cereal (I knew that lady so it doesn't seem so weird.)
DH won his division in the race he did. He doesn't care so much about that but I love that he is doing something he really likes.
The kids all managed to have a pretty good day. I found great steaks for under 3 bucks a pound and managed to feed my family what seemed like a decent meal (steaks, fresh corn on the cob, and fresh strawberries). Oh and did I mention that I got to go to the store solo. (It was a much needed trip because we were out of milk and cereal. The kids got the end of the Kashi this morning and were less than thrilled.)
I have tons of tomatoes in my garden. My lone broccoli plant had something ready to harvest tonight. It shouldn't have survived the heat but it did. I probably spent 10 bucks trying to grow 50 cents worth of broccoli but I don't care.
S had GREAT behavior today. She had a couple of moments where things could have gone the other way but I caught her before she got out of hand.
M finally can do a cartwheel.
What else?
Dang, this isn't part of the greatness of the day but worth mentioning. C was a cranky creature this evening. She had been awakened by someone during her nap and just didn't recover. She was acting like a pill at dinner and DH told her to go and sit on the can for a one minute time out. The kid just WOULDN'T comply. After several minutes of complaining and whining (not abnormal for a kid that is 1 1/2 years old) she took her stuffed bear and put it on the can. I just wanted to laugh and laugh.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment