Friday, December 19, 2008

It was good while it lasted

S has had a pretty good run lately. In fact, we talked about how she must have an S on the front of her shirt for super S. She had labeled herself the 'choose the right girl'.

I told dh I was worried about travelling with her because she doesn't do well when her environment is adjusted. It happened. She has gone back to controlaholic mode. I explained to my sister that it's tricky because adults fall for her thing like crazy. And she pretty much is thinking, "Your weak and I can't believe you are falling for this." And in turn, it makes her feel like adults really just aren't good at this and that she has to be MORE controlling. It happens everywhere. At church people try to offer things if she is good. We can't beg her to be good. We lose if we do. I am grateful though that we had around 3 weeks without her most favorite negative behavior. Luckily last night I sensed that she was off kilter and I bought some overpriced pullups at the drugstore. We ended up putting them on her because she was having the kind of rage that usually has her going on the floor in anger. I'm hoping this trip doesn't just sabotage our efforts. I'm excited for the day when I can go out of town or heck, even on a date, and not have to think that maybe a bunch of work will be undone. (Although I do know another really GREAT sitter now so I'm not quite as worried but eventually she will be old enough to date and then I'll be in trouble.)

So good news here. I am NOT pregnant. What you say. Yep, I have been a bit worried. Okay, I have been a lot worried. My tubes should be all tied and twisted and whatever but I still had cause to worry. My good friend joked around that we couldn't be friends if I had another kid and I thought that I would be too busy to have any friends. It made me realize though that I'm not in charge and buying a car with 5 seats for small kids will not necessarily stop whatever the plan is for me. But this time, I'm A-OK. After trying to have kids for so many years it's funny (not ha ha funny but funny just the same) to be so relieved. And well, we make crap cords and I just can't imagine passing off five kids to people for weeks at a time. Anyway... I am much less worried now.

And lastly, because I need to go and watch my kiddos... I have to admit that I really did Spark yesterday. When I spark everyday I do better. I managed to even stay in my range, (just barely thanks to these deliciously greasy jack in the box tacos... why don't they disgust me?). I think I am going to go and fork over the dinero for the Cho Pat double knee stabilizer braces today and start wearing them on both knees and see if I can start exercising again. My theory is that if my knees are down to bone on bone because of maltracking then good tracking should cause them to not rub there. It's worth a try.

(And S, who is hanging out with me, just screamed, "You are MY mean mommy!" Hey at least she still claims me.)

Oh and lastly (but this time for real) can I say that I am feeling like super shopper of the year for Christmas. I managed to get the kids their really great stuff for under 200 bucks (that all five combined). You have to remember that I start shopping in January of the previous year and also have my SIL in AZ look out for things when Target has their happiest day of the year (75% off toys). I paid SIL for the last few things yesterday.

Yipeee... off we go to hang out with friends today. I appears that the sun is going to shine on us. I am anticipating a trip to the park as well as to my favorite Mexican place (oh how will I spark that?).

2 comments:

Sheral Wilson said...

Okay, you are seriously going to have to tell me when the 75% off toys are - because I'm a LAME-O shopper and wait till the last minute and pay out the nose!!
I hope the rest of the trip is relaxing and don't forget to stop at the Chino-Bandito and bring Joel the left overs!!

discombobulated said...

Hee hee... We laugh about that place all of the time. Acutally I had homemade Mexican today. Save up your cash. 75% off is in about a month.