It's been a bit of a crazy month here. I totally lucked out and had DH home to help me out for the last week. He took a day off to watch the kids while I went to the dentist (which turned out to be an almost FIVE hour appointment if you can believe it... it was so heavenly to only hear drilling instead of fighting and tattling. I really mean it. It wasn't quite and MRI but it wasn't too bad at all.) DH pretty much kept S as his 'buddy' for around six days. And finally on Saturday she decided she wanted to choose the right. I was getting a little hopeless and well, just flat out tired when DH stepped in and helped out. I'm so grateful. I feel like I can keep going now because it wasn't constant tension all day every day.
We are on night 3 of her trying to do what is right. I'm just so glad. I went in her room to check on her and you could tell she was trying so hard to make good decisions. And... well, she hasn't peed on my floor for 3 days now either when she has been mad. That in itself is something to scream from the rooftops.
I sent DH to S's class at church on Sunday. I told him I was worried she would start to get her way and would try controlling people and all of our work would be for nothing. He was really glad he went. He said he did catch her trying to control other people and was able to intervene.
Tomorrow we will continue to try. I have to take S to D's kindergarten class. Somehow I ended up signed up to help. It's not that I mind helping. I really like helping. It fills that teacher need in me. But, I didn't sign up on purpose because I just never know from day to day. And now, I can't leave S with anyone because she starts trying to get away with bossing them around (yep, adults included). It doesn't help her to let her get away with it and it's often hard to spot if you don't know what you are looking for. I figure the K teacher will be okay with it or she'll send me home. I just can't let her stay home with someone that might not keep things consistent.
My basement is close to being ready to carpet. I am a bit worried though as there is still so much touchup work to do. I went down to paint today and realized I had missed some spots with the painters putty. I am hoping to paint tomorrow but it is crazy Tuesday. I'm not sure if the carpet is going in on Wednesday or not. I tried calling our carpet guy and didn't get a hold of him. I want it in but on the other hand, I am feeling a little pressed for time. Oh well, I'll do my best.
We got a new TV on Thanksgiving. It's actually the exercise room television but it will have to do for now. DH wants an enormous one in the new family room and I'm not quite ready to fork over that kind of cash. Anything looks big compared to our old 21 inch one if you ask me.
Speaking of getting rid of stuff, I cleaned out my closet today (okay, so not all of the shelves but I clean the entire floor). I have more stuff to donate that you can imagine. How did I get so many sweaters that are so short. I swear they weren't that short when I bought them. That's one more thing for me to do tomorrow.
M and T had great violin lessons today. M passed off 3 songs and is on her way to a beautiful Brahms piece. Her teacher is going to get the 2nd violin part for hit. At choir on Sunday I realized that there is just no way we can sing one part. It is just too hard. What in the world was I thinking? Okay, I know what I was thinking. I thought how I loved Vaughan Williams and how I had access to this one arrangement of Greensleeves. Well, this arrangement is hard! I asked a friend to play the harp and don't know if she will be able. It's just so hard. M told me that if H couldn't play the harp that she would learn the part. I laughed and loved her confidence. She wasn't worried at all. In fact, she thought playing in church was great. I adore her but don't want her to play along this time.
DH saw the tornado in all her fury. C tagged our walls with marker for the first time. She got the wall in the bathroom. She also hunts for bubble gum and will get it out of any garbage. She comes up first thing and asks for bubbu gum. Today she opened the oven while I was cooking and burned her hand a bit. I couldn't believe she could get into trouble so quickly. She also was throwing a fit today and called me "mean mommy". I guess I am doing my job.
S also had an accident. I have been telling her for weeks to not climb. I even told her specifically to not climb on her dresser because she could get hurt. We did the whole, "Who is the boss? Mom. Why? To keep you safe." thing. So what did she do last night? She climbed on her dresser and pulled the hutch off. It clipped her in the face in two spots and then she hurt her knee falling. She lucked out because she really didn't get hurt but could have gotten so hurt. She told me after that she could have gotten squished like a bug just like I said. I'm so grateful she wasn't hurt more.
And off to bed I go. I feel better having something in my little blog here.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment