Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Groundhog Day

I'm not talking about the day that recently passed that showed a bunch of winter (if that was even the result).

Last Saturday I took M to play with a friend that lives two towns south of us. We skipped the freeway and took a road that travels through the main road of each town. When I entered this town I had to turn at a light. It's at the top of a little hill. When I took her out to play I noticed that across from me in the opposite turn lane there was a police officer for that town. I hoped I had been obeying all the laws, turned and went my way.

2 1/2 hours later I went back to get her. I arrived at the same turn lane and the same cop was there turning the same direction. I had to ask myself it I really was going back for a second time.

M had a fabulous time at her friends house. I think we as parents all do somethings well and some things not so well. I saw something in my parenting that needs improvement. When she was at her friends it started hailing. They went outside and captured some hail and then cut them open to see the layers. The most I would have done would be to call the kids to the window to take a look. I think I need to do better at making the most of moments.

I'm hoping this week goes well. It was a rough day yesterday. In the night T woke me up to tell me he had thrown up (all over the bed of course) and of course everything needed to be cleaned. Then DH came in that morning to tell me that S had peed her bed (once again according to her because she just didn't feel like getting out of bed). That made for more laundry and a miserable day with her. Then DH told me that our federal tax return was rejected (due to me not getting around to changing the kids names on the social security cards). After many hours of S's screaming tantrums I called up a friend and asked her to run to Target with me. There is nothing like a good trip to Target to lift one's spirits. I took back my great piece of furniture with all the fabulous drawers (a whopping 75% off too) that I would turn into clutter filled drawers. I also took back the cute thing for C's walls that was also 75% off because as cute as it was, she really didn't need it.

When I came home S had a scratchy voice. I guess wailing tantrums will do that to you. She has pretty much been nonstop defiance for the last month. And this morning I only saw a little of it. I'm hoping she has used that up for a week or two and is willing to make good choice that keep her happy. If not, we will just press on.

Our new tv is going into the shop today. I'm a bit bummed because I really like having that thing. But I am grateful that it is under warranty for another week. Luckily I don't watch it much and haven't even sat down in front of it for 2 or 3 weeks. But it wouldn't be fair to leave the kids with DH's sister for the weekend without any tv.

Oh, and our mouse is gone. It fell into a trap. I am so relieved!

No comments: