When you are raising your first child.... (I have actually erased this sentence a bunch of times... I can't quite get it right. What I really mean is raising the first kid that gets to stick it out in your home.) you pay attention to firsts. Or at least you try. We documented all the doctor's visits, the teeth, the first real foods, etc. One first we never had came today for kiddo # I don't know. (Once again I have to confuse people. It all depends on the system. If you count all kiddos in the family when she was born she is number 5. If you count living kiddos when she was born, she is 3. If you count all kiddos now in the family she is 7. And if you count kiddos living in the house right now she is back to number 5. I can't really even say last because she wasn't the last to come in. How about youngest?)
Anyway... back to the story. Today I was scolding T for not following through on giving a kid back a ten dollar bill that he gave T. T supposedly 'forgot' (which may be true but who knows) but didn't want to get in trouble so he lied about it. It is too bad he didn't know that the little folded bill fell out of his pocket as he changed into his swimsuit. So I was giving him a thrashing (okay, that's exaggerated... I just got on his case about accepting money from people. NO you can't do that. I don't care if they want to give it to you.) While I was talking to him, D was making a leprechaun trap as was C. S was in her room throwing a big tantrum and M was at a church activity.
All of a sudden D tells me that C just cut her own hair. I resigned myself to something awful asked D to take the scissors and finished my sentence with T. Then I went to see the bad news and it wasn't too bad at all. She cut about 3 inches off but she left some wispy bangs.
Maybe she will be a hairdresser someday.
But now I have to keep the scissors out of her hands. We don't want to tempt fate on this one.
She was mad that I wouldn't let her continue to cut and make 'decowashuns' for her trap.
M is loving being a lunch worker today. Why does she love washing tables there so much but she hates doing it at home?
T didn't grumble at his second practice. He's addicted to Wizards101 and I think that it's going to have to stop. I guess he doesn't think the Leapster cuts it as a gaming system.
D said he got worked up at school a couple of times but it sounds like he got himself out of it. There were some tears it sounds like but no emails so it must not have been too bad. He was pretty dang happy with his leprechaun trap.
S... oh S. Let's see. S was really happy to go to breakfast today. She couldn't understand why she couldn't have more than 1/2 of my potatoes, a half an English muffin, eggs, and two pancakes.
C fell asleep watching T on the computer. We also went and looked at new car seats today but my coupon isn't good until tomorrow. She wasn't happy leaving the store without the butterfly car seat.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment