Tuesday, March 23, 2010

T again

What's up with this kiddo? He has been wild as can be and isn't settling down at school. I don't think he was too fond of copying a page on why art education is important for kids. Hmmm... how about you pay attention and not cause problems in your art class. That is way more fun. He pretty much also earned himself cleaning up after the dog for the week. D lucked out because we found out he had been shoving some of what he cleaned up under the hole in the fence. When DH asked him about it he lied the first few times. Then we finally got him to fess up. If the chore hadn't already been given to T for the week, D would have inherited it.

I think T really is bored in school. But it is no excuse for messing around or being disrespectful. I'm wondering if I should get him a book of mazes or something that he can work on when he is done. He loves those thing. He's so 'over' math right now. All he wants to do is stuff with negative numbers and that isn't in the second grade curriculum.

I emailed his teacher and said we were coming to her aid with a backup at home but that she should expect it to take a few times. That seems to be how it is with most kids. They'll try things a few times to make sure you really will continue to follow through.

And as for this week so far-

M really came to the conclusion that she is going to have to work hard to finish a big project due on Friday. She has yet to begin. This is the thing that happens as they get older. When you are pretty sharp you can fly by the seat of your pants for years. Then big things come and they take a bunch of time whether you are quick at learning or a little bit slower.

T, enough said!

D lost a tooth. He didn't know it. But when I asked him about it he said he remembers last week that he had a wiggly one during lunch and then there was a space. He ate it. We'll be celebrating the eaten tooth tonight.

S has been on a kick trying to sound out words. I need to sit down with her and just teach her to read. (She'll be doing it herself if I don't and then how in the heck will I be able to claim the victory?)

Well, and DH and I have both been in a tiny funk over this health care thing. It's so nice to know that if I wanted to try to eat really healthy, exercise, save my money to pay for out of pocket costs and then risk having something happen that could destroy me financially forever that I can't chose it. Sorry government, it's not your job to tell me what to do there. You are NOT my daddy!

I have a problem with big government. I coupon for those who don't know. There was recently an article in the Wall Street Journal about couponing and it said something like the average extreme couponer comes from an average income of 70 something thousand. I know people who coupon who are much lower than this and some that are most likely much higher. But my one good friend comments that at her grocery stores in AZ, the best ones to coupon at are in super low income areas. Either they don't know how to coupon, don't want to coupon, don't have papers, or maybe just don't want to coupon because they have someone else paying for a chunk of their food. It's great for my friend because they always have EVERY stinkin' thing in stock. But why aren't these people trying to get the best deals? Why don't we want to encourage people to be self sufficient. I think there is a time and a place for everything. Is there a time when people are down on their luck or have horrible things happen that just financially ruin them? Yep. And those are not the ones I am talking about. It's the people who just plan on living off the system. Hello folks, NOTHING is free! Someone always takes a hit. Sometimes, it's the companies that offer oh so sweet coupons for items. Sometimes it's the class mom that brings in treats. And sometimes it's your whole dang country. Let me spend my own money Mr. Obama. I promise you I know so many very kind and generous people. But I don't want you and your 4 trillion layers of government wasting my money. Me and some of my good sale watching friends could probably feed a small nation with what you waste.

And to end on something more positive... I went running last night. I was going to and called my friend when I realized it was raining. So we decided to not go and then DH told me which jacket is a good one to run in the rain with. It was actually really nice. And there were no cougars out either :)

No comments: