Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Still No Time to Blog

I type this as I have a gazillion things to do. But I just realized how long it has been since I blogged and figured I should write SOMETHING!

Today my friend J and I pressure canned chicken. The day didn't start out as planned. She called me to ask me a question and then there was a ton of screaming on the line. The safety valve thing had blown on one of the canners. I went over and checked it out, came home to get the kids off to school, and went back ready for more fun.

It took us a long time to get going on this because we were so darn scared of the canners. I made one call to the extension office asking questions and another to a place that repairs canners. Finally we gained our confidence. We ended up with 42 quarts of chicken and will be doing mine tomorrow.

Should I do the quick kid recap? I should as I have a ton of chicken in my kitchen that needs to be taken care of.

M was a big grouchy girl over the weekend. She had her violin graduation and did a great job. I can't believe how her playing is coming along. I wasn't thrilled, however with the stinker personality she had. She kept tormenting the boys. GRRRRR.....

T fought cleaning his room all weekend but was otherwise happy. He did get in trouble for taking the corn off his friend's corn dog and bopping her on the head with it. EWWWWWW..... (what the heck was that kid thinking?)

D had a few breakdowns but got himself out of them. He earned back a toy that I detest and I told him it's the first thing I will take away. That seems to be enough motivation at the moment. It doesn't solve all the problems but it does make them quieter.

S went on a date with DH to his work. They ate at the restaurant at work. She thought it was fabulous to meet him there for lunch. Lots of other rough times for miss curly Q..... I guess I have no control when she gets out of this 'episode.'

C wants to go on a date to DH's work now too. She destroyed her room again, got into nail polish, sprayed a bunch of hairspray on her rats nest of hair, cut baby Snow White's hair, and tried to go pull up less (grossed DH out as he was snuggling with her).

No comments: