Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Report

DH did take S and M skiing today. S really liked it. D was amazed that she was able to go without her edgy wedgies (or whatever they are called) on her first day. He said it took him 3. Maybe we have found her calling :) She graduated from the first level. She was also THRILLED with the nachos she had for lunch. M had a good day skiing too. She hasn't been for a year and told DH that she wanted to go again this year. She stayed on easier runs but had a good time.

I just had the boys and C with me. So I did what all stinky mother do (or would do if they had the thought) and sat them down in front of Saturday morning cartoons and I took a bath. I only can squeeze one of those in every few months so it was a treat. And wouldn't you know, the kids were in the same places when I went to check on them after.

We headed out to run errands and to go see my mom at her booth for her lodge. I went to the music shop to get D a bridge and a new E and to get M her new books. The main string guy there told me it would be 90 dollars to do a new bridge for D's violin. WHAT? It's a tiny piece of wood. His violin has been well used and isn't worth a fortune anyway. Oh and they were out of the string I needed. So I got the books and left. It's a little stressful being in those shops with C anyway. They had a bunch of 3000 dollar violins laying around and she just wanted to touch everything. And if it wasn't a violin on her right, it was a harp on her left. I was thrilled to get out without owing them a chunk of change.

We ended up parking far away and then took a shuttle to the expo. (I actually was waiting for a spot and this lady drove up, looked at me, waited (from the other direction) and then STOLE the thing. GRRRRR.... I had been trying to get a spot for 20 minutes.

The kids were cranky and wiggly (and I only had 3 of them). C was mad she didn't get to hold a bear cub (sorry kid it was 15 bucks to interact with the cub and get a picture). My mom thought it would be fun for the kids to wander around but I think she realized that it's trickier than that when you have an entire herd. Her booth looked great though and I think she sold some trips to their Alaskan lodge while I was standing there. Heck, she even tried to do a sale on DH to come up (but his would be free except airfare). But even that is kind of spendy. I guess I am just not much of a nature person. And well, I hate flying. I'll do it because I have to but I would usually rather drive than fly just about anywhere. M stayed with my mom and had already earned herself a commission of an ice cream cone when I talked to her.

I though the bath was the highlight of the day. How could it not be? Boy was I wrong. DH and I were in different cars and he brought home a surprise. Yep, a new garbage can that has a motion sensor. I hated our old garbage can. Everyone in the family was thrilled. C was perhaps the most excited. She just kept talking and talking about the thing.

I'm low maintenance. Can't you tell? Some people need really fancy shmancy things to feel loved. I just need a good garbage can. :)

No comments: