DH left the night of the half for a trip to Alaska with is dad, brother, and two friends. I lucked out that a friend came to stay and visit for a few days while he was gone.
So we drove home for hours and then DH left for the airport.
It was supposed to be a great week for fishing up there but it wasn't. He caught two halibut (smaller), two Irish Lord fish (ugly and nothing he brought home), sharks (no meat there either... I guess this type of shark urinates through its skin YUCK), and crab. That was pretty much it. He seemed to still like it though and loved my parents' place.
In the meantime my friend and I chatted it up. We had great plans to go running together but didn't happen because I could barely walk. Not only were my muscles toast but my peroneal tendon (the one I always had tendinitis problems with when I danced) was super swollen on one foot. You can't really go running when you can barely get yourself seated on a potty. So we chatted and chatted while the kids played. I thought I would even clean while she was here. After all, it's more fun to clean when you have company to chat with. But I just hurt too dang much to do anything like that. So my house stayed a wreck and I just enjoyed my time.
We were all happy when DH got home. You forget how nice it is to have someone around even if it's just so you can say hi and bye.
And maybe next year, we'll catch more fish.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment