Thursday, July 1, 2010

What the heck??????

Today is a sad day.



I slept in (so far so good... couldn't get myself up to run. I'll just have to be behind this week.) and then took T to swim team. I found out it was his last day.



WHAT?



My city decided to make some adjustments to law that's what. I went and search their website and it said that in a 'home occupation' type of business you could have up to 7-12 clients including ones own kids in lessons.



I guess the city council changed their mind and now you can have up to TWO including ones own. Of course I believe this only applies to things like swim lessons, karate, dance, etc.



I can understand why they might want this to be the law but you don't let people start a business because it's all legal begal and spend a small FORTUNE (not that swim team has been complaining... but I'm just speculating) and then say, "Oh, by the way, we changed our mind and well, you are out of luck. Just keep on paying those payments on all that stuff you bought."



GRRRRRRRRRRRRR..................



I can see not allowing more businesses like that if you want to curtail that type of activity but heck, I think it's pretty dang rotten of them.



So I got to thinking... (oh and not about the little thing I read on the city's website about how our town is such a fabulous place to have a home business.... BLECH!) If you want to follow the rules you pretty much have to take every truly practicing Suzuki teacher out of business too. All Suzuki teachers are supposed to have group lessons as an integral part of their students training. Two is not a group. If you go to any of the orchestras in the county you will find that the majority of the best string players are Suzuki trained. It's just how it is these days. Do they want to get rid of all of those too?

And of course, if I have to move T to a swim team in another town (next closest thing) I will end up doing my shopping there. I will end up doing all my lessons in other towns and that leaves me with little time to shop nearby.

For now I am going to check in on a nearby pool. They have adult lap swim in the morning. At 7, T is far from being an adult. But how else is he supposed to get the right swimming in. Auditions for the next closest team aren't for over 2 months. Yesterday he had such a good meet. He was speedy quick. And now he has no team.

Anyway.... I am getting over my grouchies to an extent. I wrote a rather wordy letter to the mayor. He probably won't even read it but it felt good to write it.

1 comment:

Sheral Wilson said...

I think the neighbor complained about all the "traffic" in front of their house. Karen H. grandkid's take (or I guess took) from the same place, she was worried about them. We all used to be in the same ward years and years ago if you can imagine! :)
Sorry about the bad news!