Friday, July 30, 2010

Deals

This past week my friend and I went to do some super shopping.

I finally had the motivation to go through my coupons. It took a whopping 9 hours to get them cleaned up and sorted. What a pain!

The next morning I woke up at 3:30 and was too excited to really just go to sleep. Then, a little after 4 I hear T get up use the restroom. Shortly after I noticed the light from the computer illuminating the front room. The kid was trying to get some video game time in. What a turkey! I sent him back to bed. By then I was too worried I wouldn't wake up if I went to sleep so I just stayed up.

We left the house at 5:40 on shopping day. Once we got there we saw that there were many people waiting for the same thing. They all had coupon binders. I knew we had some competition.

So we head in and I'll just say I am not pushy enough. I pretty much let everyone have a cart before me. We headed straight for the paper towels. You couldn't get a cart in there. So my friend went over and all of a sudden one comes flying overhead. She was tossing them to get them into my basket. She cracked me up. All of a sudden we hear a voice quizzically calling her name. Oops, caught in the insanity by another friend (who must be equally insane to be there that early.)

I ended up with a 215 dollar savings and spent I think 105. That's not too bad considering I now have more than a half year supply of Cascade gel packs for my dishwasher and even with a coupon they are spendy.

It was just so fun to get out of the house and get my little 'rush' from shopping. I was wiped out from not sleeping though and was a little cranky later on.

The next day was the day I believed to bed Target toy mark down day. I went bright and early and got there about 5 minutes before they opened. There were other toy shoppers there and we all kept looking at each other to see who would get out of the car first. Finally, I had had enough and just got out. Car doors started opening. But right as I got to the entrance they opened the door and I was the first one in. I grabbed a cart and started skipping down the aisle. You can skip down an aisle when no one else is there and only feel like somewhat of an idiot. I was certain I was going to get what I wanted.

Then I got to the toy section. Where were the toys? They had one side of one aisle. What the heck? Everyone else stood there in disbelief. It turns out that they marked their toys down early so everything disappeared the night before.

Oh well, I did get T his birthday gift still. It was the only decent thing there. Then I headed over to shoes knowing that they are usually marked to 75% off on that day. I found 5 good pairs for the future there.

So it wasn't what I wanted but it didn't turn out too horribly. I'm glad I still have some toys in my stash for many of the birthday presents though. I love being able to go to my stash instead of the store.

No comments: