Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Days

So summer has just really begun. We have a month with nothing but violin lessons.

And let me tell you, the good times are just beginning.

We've had meltdown after meltdown. We've had tantrum after tantrum. The only kid who hasn't participated in those activities today is M. The most recent is S. She came up wanting some lovings because C scratched her. Well, it turns out that she tried to pin C under two pillows and climbed on top of them. Sorry, if someone is trying to smother you with pillows then you most likely will get scratched, kicked, or hit. Now S can't be in the basement with the kids today. (It's the rule if you get on top of someone you lose your privileges.) So she gets to hang with me for the rest of the glorious afternoon. I don't know if she'll be thinking she is so lucky.

But I was super calm. I don't know if I will be able to handle myself so dang calmly later in the summer but as for this one I was great.

Cool as a cucumber is the key. It's easier said than done.

1 comment:

vicky said...

I wish I could borrow some of your coolness! :)