Monday, December 13, 2010

And the day gets better

We got a Christmas tree. It's green and full and not Charlie Brownish at all. I think DH put it in the basement. There wasn't time to decorate it at all so I didn't go down and check out piney friend out.

We survived all the activities. S and C didn't go to violin. I did get a bridge and did my best to be a luthier. I'm not great at it but it's not a fabulous violin either. I'm not touching the sound post. That's beyond what I can do.

We dropped D and M off early with books to read and took T to his practice. C brought her new build a bear and fur real friend panda. S brought her build a bear. Right before leaving S got mad at C and threw her panda to the ground and broke it. She didn't end up with a great track record today. Of course, those pandas aren't cheap and I wasn't thrilled. I didn't scream or anything. I'm too tired of it to do that. But S screamed at me. She screamed at the top of her lungs then. She screamed at me at home. I'm just a bit tired of doing calm parenting and getting screamed at.

So as you can imagine, getting the tree was less that festive. But we got it and that's what counts. I'm not sure what to do with S. Are her meds not right? Is this regular 5/6 year old behavior that is ramped up with other issues? Is this leftover from the trip to AZ for Thanksgiving? I'm at a loss. I just know she is wearing me thin as I try to just keep doing the right thing.

1 comment:

Sheral Wilson said...

I wish I had some great advise... advice???... however it's spelled I don't have any - except - hang in there! Life is crazy this time of year for EVERYONE... even little ones feel it. Maybe S's feeling it a little more than the others do?
I know I am feeling the stress more this year than any other that comes to mind.
You should feel some comfort and happiness this season. I'll keep you in my thoughts... and prayers.