I don't want to turn into a grouchy scrooge. How about the highlights of the weekend....
I gave myself the good/better/best lecture and decided that M did NOT need to do her makeup lesson on Friday and T needed to miss swim so that we could have a little family time. It fell apart when the kids wouldn't pick up the mess in the basement. The family dinner fell apart and it was discouraging. It seemed like it would have been better off to have the swim practice and the makeup lesson done. I guess the good/better/best thing takes a while to master.
Saturday DH went snowboarding and I took the kids to a church party. They had a lot of fun there and I didn't have to make them breakfast :)
M and I worked that afternoon on the quilt we are making for her teacher. It was M's first chance with a sewing machine and she LOVED it. We were working on it when DH came home from boarding.
Somehow I miscommunicated the fact that we were celebrating C's birthday at Build A Bear that night and DH made the family room floor a temporary bed. When he finally awakened I told him that we were ready to go.
Build A Bear was a happening place. The kids had fun making their animals. We didn't let them get clothes or anything but they still had fun.
Sunday was the real birthday. C liked her birthday. I made a pig cake and piggy cupcakes. MIL showed up after church and C really liked that. Later that night we went to a friend's house for waffles and crepes. They looked great. I didn't have any because I didn't want to pay M another 5 dollars for having eating sugar.
This morning S had a rough time. It ended with a broken violin bridge and a sound post that is off. I was really frustrated, but I handled it really well. There was no screaming. I calmly said, "I guess you won't be able to have sugar with your breakfast because I said if you didn't get your practicing done then there could be no sugar with breakfast." (If you no longer have an instrument then you can't finish your practicing.) Anyway... I'm glad I didn't make it any worse. Then S had a rough day at school. I guess she kept hiding out in the coat closet because she was mad.
I hate to say it but I will be happy once we get through the holidays. I just feel like any umph I have has been sucked out of me. It's my Niko. It's the constant chaos. It's the giving giving giving and not feeling appreciated. And what's crazy is that all of those things are things I should be working on. You shouldn't give to be appreciated. I know that. You should be able to find happiness in the chaos. And my Niko should bring me joy as he brought me the title of mom.
So tonight we will hopefully check getting a tree off our list. It's one of those do it for the kids things. And fortunately it should be unseasonably warm. After last years frigid tree adventure it will be a nice change.
We are squeezing in concert rehearsals (not for S as she has no instrument) and swim practice as well. Rehearsals go for 2 hours. But there is only one and that is a great blessing :)
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
but that is normal
Post a Comment