Just a review of our week so far-
M- She had a frustrating week at school. I'm trying to figure out as a parent when to step in and say, hello, that answer is right and when to let it go if she isn't willing to stand up for herself. (She has a long term sub right now.) She got her violin practice upped to an hour a day today, not because she wasn't doing a good job but because she has been doing a good job. That's kind of an odd way to reward a kid.
T- This kid has too much of me in him. His room is a wreck once again and he just can't stay focused enough to keep it clean. He tried to surprise me by doing his homework at the beginning of the week to have it 'cleaned' up by the kindergartners who were having playgroup here. He thought he was going to die today because I forgot to bring an afternoon snack for the trip to violin lessons. He was still eating 35 minutes after starting his meal. I guess the kid was hungry.
D- He was one tired kid today. I picked him up to take him to the dentist and I noticed he was acting a little out of it. I said, "D you look tired. Did you get enough sleep?" He replied that he did but then added that he woke up at 11:45 and then again at 1:30 and stayed up the rest of the night. WHAT? So we won't be weaning him off his meds. It's better to get good sleep and be up at 5:15 than be up all night. He played at a friend's house on Tuesday and was so thrilled.
S- She snapped out of her streak on Tuesday afternoon. Things have been so much more pleasant since then. She has been so interested in sharing and being kind. Yesterday I went to pick her up from ballet and I asked her how things went and the teacher chimed in that it went great :) and so much better from the last week which was 'really hard'..... At least it isn't just me seeing this. So we'll take the better times that we have right now and hope they last a while.
C- Stinker stinker stinker... She went to playgroup today and played pirates. She was the pirate mom. I guess that's more fun that just house. She took a huge container of barbies into the shower with her. She barely had room to stand. She's crazy that way.
Me- I have been trying to get on top of things. I should stop trying to do that and just try to stay afloat. I did receive my new phone and have had so much fun goofing around with it. It's nice to have a cell phone again even if I don't use it all the time.
DH-He came home earlier (pre 6:30) two nights in a row! That's not too bad.
This weekend I drive to dance, have a basketball game, and hopefully a little time to enjoy my cleaned house :)
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment