Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Oh the day has become a day for the kiddos it seems.

Over the weekend the kids addressed their 'cards'... oh, that's right. They weren't cards. They were Sweet Tarts, Starbursts, and suckers. When did this holiday become Halloween dressed in pink and red?

M made her box for school. She turned it into an ipod complete with the playlist. I may be a little short on tin foil the next time I need it now but it was worth it as the box was really cute.

T made a cute 3D pig for his box. Of course the valentines would go in the little oinker's mouth.

S and D made their bags at school and poor C, she just sat and cut up leftover bits of foil and and paper and made robot valentines for her friends.

I managed to get the giant heart cookies made for teachers and all the supplies for the Minute to Win It game for 5th grade before heading over the the school.

The kids thought the game was awesome. I was just glad it went over well. The 'bobble head' game was hilarious with pedometers hooked to their heads using either a knitted cap or goggles.

I stopped in T's classroom on the way out to verify that T is being good in school. I guess he's doing well :) His teacher did tell me that she got T's "Happy Valenswine" greeting. Where does he get this stuff?

Then it was off to swim and dinner in the car on the way home. DH thought he was going to be late doing some work and so I decided to make life easier and have them not wait to get home.

Then it was off to find the floor in this house (which I found and is already LOST). DH came home earlier than expected and did his extra work from home. The poor guy ended up eating Oreos and candy hearts for dinner.

Luckily, we were equally unprepared and so neither of us was disappointed.

Now to go and get C out of her Valentine's shirt from yesterday. She's still celebrating :)

No comments: