Today Oldest and I did a race. Of course that is if you call what I do racing. It's more like bouncing up and down a little while checking the path to make sure I'm moving forward. On Thursday, I was driving the girls to ballet and Oldest told her friends she was running a 5k on Saturday. I tried to reassure her that it wouldn't be scary and I would stay with her the whole time. She informed me that she planned on going on ahead of me.
So this morning DH got up early and ran the 20 miles TO the race. Of course, the kids and I drove to the race. On the way there Middle tells Oldest she should not stick with me and follow the other adults. He told her if she wanted to try to get a medal she had better ditch me.
The little thing did. We started out and within 100 yards she decided to zoom ahead. I warned her that it was a long race and that she would get tired but she didn't care. She just ran off without any worries. Fast forward to the end of the race. She beat me by over 3 minutes. The little turkey even medaled.
You know, I had planned on using Oldest as my excuse for being so dang slow and she literally ran away with my excuse. The good news is, we both finished, I only had a few happy tears when she went up to get her medal in the 14 and under girls category, and show and tell is taken care of for next week.
Onto other news-
Middle left one of the bathroom sinks going last night. It's obvious that we need to put some Draino down that drain. It ended up all over the basement, the counter, oh and down in the basement too. LOVELY! DH was less than thrilled as we discovered this as we were going to go to bed. I told him that the silver lining was that Middle did brush his teeth and that the counter was clean. I can't get too mad because the last person to have a sink spill over and cause flooding into the basement was oh, ME, and I was an adult.
Middle was on a roll this week. He got his card pulled at school for being a talker. I guess there are worse things. His teacher said he really isn't a problem, just chatty. I'm just glad he isn't getting in trouble for being mean.
One day this week he was not being careful and was swinging something around and it almost hit my violin. I told him to be careful as the violin is worth as much as a smaller and older car. His response, "Wow. That's pretty pricey." Where does a 5 year old boy lean pricey. The strange kid.
Youngest has been a little napping pill for the last week. Twice she just wouldn't go down in the morning despite the fact that she is rubbing her eyes. She is just so interested in what's going on that she hates to miss anything. I keep thinking her teeth are poking through on the top but they aren't. They are just so close that you can really see them. She also has been trying to imitate DH snapping. She started eating Cherrios this week and I am thrilled about that. Those little Gerber puffs are a fortune. So now we are finding Cherrios everywhere.
Lastly I bottled some pearsauce and applesauce this week. I hate to grumble but what a pain in the behind. I like having it but really it takes forever and a day to get it done. And that's just two quarts. I have two more bags of apples to do and I am finito! I did some apple rings too and Oldest and Middle had a great time using the peeler corer machine. I'll admit to using it myself when they were at school to have a cool spiral apple.
And that's it! More happened but of course I don't remember it and will when it isn't convenient to blog. Oh such is life!
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am impressed...I need to get my butt in gear!
Post a Comment