You know, I didn't plan on writing about this today. I was going to report on my doings or lack of doings yesterday including getting the drapes up but not having them hemmed, getting most of the laundry done, actually COOKING dinner, etc. Instead though, I will tell you about something that touched my heart.
I have this great friend from before I moved. She's more of a kindred spirit than just a pal. She was my friend before I had my first little boy Nikolas. In fact, I was in her car the last time I remember his kicks. After I had him she really helped me to keep spirits up. At the same time, she let me grieve and grieved with me. Of course things changed. We moved to another state and got busy with life. She, of course, was busy busy with her life and job as well. I called her when we had Joshua and she showed up at his graveside service, flowers in hand. I always laugh when I see the pics of the flowers because Oldest carried those puppies around like they were the torch from Lady Liberty. The pics with those flowers always make me laugh when I am remembering such a sad day.
For the last few weeks I have just been thinking over and over that I needed to email and reconnect with my friend. But I procrastinated. Isn't that the story of my life. Finally, I got around to it and got a quick email back. She had been thinking she needed to email me too. (Kindred spirits we are :) ) But it wasn't the fact that she emailed me back so quickly that touched my heart. She told me she had visited my boys just yesterday and cleaned up their little graves. She had absolutely no idea that I would emailing her after not having connected for so long. That's what kind of person she is.
It was just another reminder of all the good and love in the world.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is cool...I was actually just looking at pictures of "little angel 2" yesterday. I have never been able to remove them from my computer.
Have I ever told you how glad I am that you have those kind of friends?
You actually got the drapes hung AND cooked dinner in the same day? I am seething with envy.
-me
what a lovely friend...
Post a Comment