Saturday, September 8, 2007

Just Another Saturday

DH did a half marathon this morning. He beat his previous time by over a minute and this course was harder. Luckily, this time he didn't end up falling into a heap with an injury like the one last month. He was 6th in his age group and 89th overall. Not bad.

I was a bit inspired to get my keester in gear. When I was running a couple of years ago I got a friend to start running. We did a 5k together and then we stopped. Well, a couple of years later and a kid later for me she did the 13.1 miles. I was so proud of her. She said she managed to run the whole thing. What's amazing is that she was pretty speedy too. So I will be getting my butt off the couch a bit more. Yesterday I didn't run but I took Middle and Youngest out for an hour before K and then we went out again after (Middle on the bike).

Speaking of taking them out. We did it for a reason. Youngest would NOT go down for a morning nap yesterday. It got late enough that I just wanted to hold her off and put her down when that bio clock said it was time for the afternoon. I'm not ready for her to lose that nap and neither is she. I don't know if it's the mouthful of teeth trying to come in or what.

Back to our day today. We had the race, went to the farmers market where all we ended up buying was tomatillos, home to find a 'rock star' costume for a birthday party Oldest was attending, off to the movie store to return a movie and avoid a late fee, and then dropped off Oldest to her party. For the rest of the day I have the lawn to mow, laundry to do (does that ever end?), a house to clean up enough to have a teenage babysitter over, and a church meeting for adults only. We could take Youngest as she is a baby but it's her bedtime anyway and that would make for a miserable night. You hate to make people without kids wonder if they really want any.

So once again, is it an exciting day? No way. Just a normal ol' Saturday. You know, it's the weekend, time off work (yeah right).

2 comments:

atypical said...

Now see, if I had been "present" enough lately to realize you were blogging, I CERTAINLY would have awarded you for it. :)

I am soooo glad to see this (even if I am seeing it because of a case of insomnia which will be strongly regretted in the morning).

I've enjoyed reading all of your entries and catching up a bit on what is going on in your life.

-t

P.S. missing you and hoping one of these days to get some sort of routine going....

Heather said...

aha!