Saturday, December 15, 2007

Are we getting better?

Maybe I should just hope to get that stomach bug so I will quit being paranoid. Do you know what it's like to sit at the Nutcracker wondering how you will get out and down the stairs if it suddenly hits. I had one of those 32 oz. hospital cups from one of the kids in my purse just in case.

I didn't get sick. The Nutcracker was well done. (I love a nice professional Nutcracker. I can barely watch one that isn't done by some good pros.) M had a good time. And I loved having a break.

We had a church party tonight. M finally was okay with the fact that she was a goat in the nativity. I can't remember if I wrote down how devastated she was when she was asked to be a goat (the worst of all the barn animals according to her). Well, her headpiece turned out pretty dang cute and she decided that being a goat wasn't too bad.

T and D sang with the 'heavenly hosts'. They all were wearing white shirts, many of which were stained because all the kids were allowed to eat dinner first.

All the kids waited to talk to Santa. Isn't it too late to put in your request? I'm thinking Santa has done all his shopping. But he told D and T to be nice to one another and so that's worth standing in line for.

All L worried about was the candy cane that Santa gave her. I told her she couldn't have it and she went from person to person begging to have it opened. I told her tomorrow. I bet it's the first thing she asks for.

You know, I really like where we live. There was a great turnout at the church party. It's nice to go somewhere and feel like you belong. I wouldn't say that I even really 'know' all of those people but I can mingle with them and feel comfy.

And now, the day is over. Whew! Oh and did I mention that DH went and bought a new dryer today.

I should write it again because it's so important. DH bought a new dryer today.

My life might just get better. I think if I can get my laundry under control I will be liking life so much more. There is just something about trying to scrounge up this and that because the dryer takes forever (or it's really fast but you can't leave it on when you aren't around for fear it will start a fire). I'm really looking forward to doing my wash now.

The bad news is that it doesn't fit in our laundry area so well. We bought one that is a super duper capacity and there is a tiled edge to the place where the washer and dryer sit. Right now the dryer is up on the ledge and on an angle. I don't care. As long as it works. DH might be retiling that room next. For all I care it can stay on an angle.

Okay... off to bed. YIPPEEEE! I just LOVE sleeping. Actually, never mind. I need to lay out the clothes for the kids for church tomorrow first.

2 comments:

atypical said...

I'm hoping you DIDN'T get it, but I can relate to that fear.

As always, my thoughts are with you...

atypical said...

And I forgot to say, "Congrats on the dryer!" Of course, now you won't have such a handy excuse to fall behind on laundry and you will be forced to make up original ones like I do. ;)