Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Resolutions

What is my resolution every year when I am not pregnant? Lose weight!

It has worked sometimes. I'm thinking I need more specifics this year.

I think I'll add

1. Get motivated earlier in the morning to either do my housework so I have more time when the kids go to bed to get on the mill OR decide to get on the mill before kids are up.

2. Actually go down the stairs to get on the mill.

3. Don't get sidetracked by passing the downstairs pantry.

4. Actually get on the mill and plug it in.

5. Stay on the thing past the first 10 grueling minutes.

And onto other 'real' resolutions-

1. Develop more patience with L.

2. Remember L is still a two year old even if she looks and talks older.

3. Read to C more. She doesn't get that nearly as much as the other kids did.

4. Help D find what D is a star at.

5. Help T with his reading more. He is doing so well considering how little help he has received.

6. Let M grow up. I need to let her do her own hair occasionally even if it kills me to let her go out in public like that.

7. Buy myself new turtlenecks. Not only are most turtlenecks not meant for someone my height but they aren't meant for someone with a noggin as big as mine. That means that a little hold will develop in the back after I pull it over my head a number of times. DH told me to trash them and buy some new ones. It might help if the new ones looked like they weren't 3/4 length sleeves too.

8. Get rid of 5 things a day that we don't need until my house is decluttered.

9. Put things on a calendar and actually look at it.

10. Put one thing that I am grateful for in each of my blogs so I am not a total whiner.

So for the grateful thing... I'm grateful that little specks of blue are peaking from behind the clouds and letting some sun through.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi H !
It was so fun reading your note- it reminded me to check your site. I always laugh out loud and this one was particularly good because it is so true that every step is a battle. I don't think they address that on "The Biggest Loser". I have had trouble with maintaining a working google account in order to see my friends private blogs but that is one of my new years resolutions- to get that techie stuff done.
xoxo
Shannon