My friend and I finished the chicken today and I think we are both pretty glad to have it done. I think I have 30 something quarts.
I picked M up from school today and we went and played the violin for S's preschool class. One kid who is often in trouble raised his and after and told us it was really good (not his words... some other adjective). Then another raised his hand and said it was awesome. M played Dvorjak's Humoresque and then we played Twinkle Twinkle with M playing the harmony. I couldn't believe how still the kids were. S seemed glad we came as well.
What else? T got his card pulled a whopping 3 times today. It seems that he can't keep his behind in his seat and his hands to himself. So he did the baseboards in the basement. He can be such a good kid but it doesn't help to be a nice kid if you distract others nonstop.
S fell apart this evening. She turned into a screamer. I tried to give her a chance to play in the basement while I listened carefully. C was down there and so I had very alert ears. She was warned to keep her hands to herself. Then she threw the wooden cookies at the walls. I guess she isn't ready for really much trust at all. It's too bad. I kind of wanted it for her but I really wanted it for me. If I could trust her to play in the basement we would both be happier.
Oh well, I can't have her throwing things at the walls all the time. And from there it went downhill. Finally I gave her some dinner and put her to bed 30 minutes early. I was just too done to deal with it anymore.
The rundown for today
M got a little maturation talk from her friend who had the talk at school today. Luckily for me it was only on maturation and was from the point of view of another 10 year old.
T stands for trouble. T also lost his backpack and his homework yet again. What to do with this kid.
D didn't have problems at school (none since the visit to the police station). He freaked out over homework for a minute and then realized there was nothing to freak out about. It's amazing how much easier life can be if you listen.
S loved school of course. She didn't adore being home when she couldn't have her way.
C entertained herself while I did chicken. I was really lucky. She said the other day out of the blue, "Jesus was in a toon." Me: "Oh really." C: "Then Mary didn't know it was Jesus." (Actually that last one wasn't quite her verbage... hers was cuter but you get the gist.) I guess she is really learning in her class at church.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe D could share his pearl of wisdom with Cam...
Post a Comment